2-24-13

Entry 6

Practice went well until I got hit in the head. This girl was pitching and it the ball bounced onto the ground and hit my head. I was wearing a face mask too. I was looking down though...

I don't blame her though. I might have been in the way. I didn't know because I was fixing my glove. Maybe it was my fault...

No more injuries though, I hope at least. Our first tournament is in 3 weeks. I don't know if I want to pitch. There are better pitchers tthan me and this girl on my team is really fast and accurate. My grandpa doesn't think so, but that be because he thinks I am the best. I am not. This girl is good, at least that's what I think.

I want to play short. I feel like it's the position I belong to. But now I probably sound crazy. Last year I didn't like it. Maybe because of my first ever tournament...This year I want to prove myself. Show people I can do it. Ya know?

I hope my finger heals before then. It hurts when I throw, but I keep playing because I love it. What's crazy is that I actually want to break fingers and bones. Good players are aggressive and they get hurt once in a while. I want to have problems, so playing doesn't get boring. I already had my fair share of injures: black eyes, pulled muscles, and sprained bones.

I want to at least make it. I don't want to give up. I usually give up easily and I don't want to this time. I want to keep fighting and continue on. If only softball was back in the Olympics...That would make my life fill with joy.