3-12-13

Entry 9

My arms feel like noodles. Today High Plains practice was cancelled because of the weather, but I did have batting lessons. Usually I only practice for half an hour, but I decided to do a full hour because our tournament is coming up!!! I am so excited it hurts!

My instructor says I have good balance, bat speed, and stuff like that. The only thing I am working on is following through the ball and keeping a balance between my weight. Sometimes I lean to much forward and and it is a bad hit.

We are working on having my top hand strong to the ball, if that makes sense, and inside and outside pitches. When he pitches the ball inside I hit the ball too late, or later than I am supposed to, and when he pitches it outside I hit it way too soon. After awhile of him mixing them up and throwing bad pitches to keep me on my toes, I got used to them, but still need a lot of work on the outside pitches.

At least now I know how to hit screws and curves...

He is probably the best hitting coach I have. He helped me at least three times than the other coaches. And get this, usually it takes me time to come out of my shell, like weeks, but with him, I felt comfortable in the first few minutes. He's amazing and I would recommend him to anyone.

I am gonna take lessons from him for as long as I can. He really helps you to improve...