3-17-13

3-17-13

Our tournament...Well, we did better than I thought we would. I pitched the first game. Unfortunately, I didn't warm up all the way. Since it was colder it took longer and I only had ten minutes at most. I struck a few batters out, walked a lot, and gave up some hits. Coach said that the fielders weren't backing me up, but I knew it was because I walked a lot of batters. We lost 15-1. At least I scored the first run. I hit it straight back at the pitcher. She fumbled it and I was safe at first. I stole second. Then the catcher missed the ball, so I stole third. Then, I made it home.

The next game, I played short. Megan, another pitcher, was really good. She didn't walk as many as me. She struck out a few and gave up some hits. I caught a screamer (a hard grounder) and through it to second, but Jallen, the second baseman, dropped it. But that was alright. I made a pretty bad throw to first, it was a little high. I also tried to make a tag by diving for the girl at second, but dropped the ball, so she was safe. Larissa, our catcher, but the center fielder for this game, made a catch. It was close, but we lost by two.

The third game we dominated. I got out at third for the first time. I felt like giving up because the coach yelled at me. It was a good thing the game ended soon after because I felt so down. I have never made a mistake like that before...

The last game we lost by one-7-8. I hit it to the first baseman, but age missed it and the left fielder fumbled it, so I was safe at first. I scored and relaxed. The out at third still had gotten to me.

All in all, we did pretty good for our first tournament together. I am proud of my team. Last year, for our first tournament, I don't think we won a game. I have a good feeling for this season...