3

Prompt: Being lost in the woods at night and something following you

Character(s): Keiji Akaashi  
Scenario: Akaashi took a walk through the woods on Halloween night. But..is that footsteps behind him?

It was supposed to be a quiet walk through the woods, Bokuto, Kuroo, and Kenma were waiting for him at a picnic bench. They were having a bit of a picnic after walking around looking at the costumes of the many people out that night. Kuroo and Bokuto wore costumes, unlike he and Kenma who decided to just deal with their antics. 

Akaashi had started to feel restless so he decided to take a short walk through the woods to clear his head, it would've been fine if he hadn't heard a second pair of footsteps a few seconds later. He would've thought it to be Kuroo or Bokuto but those two were loud, and there was no way that they would scare him. He was sure it was a possibility but they would be giggling like school girls. 

And it wasn't Kenma because he didn't leave Kuroo's side. 

So who the hell was following him?

He decided that it would be best to turn back, but he couldn't necessarily walk towards the owner of the footsteps. It could be a kidnapper. 

Akaashi took a left turn, it was off the path slightly but he could manage. As long as he could get back to his friends he'll be fine. He started picking up in speed, it wasn't like he was meaning to but this was starting to creep him out. The footsteps remained at their own speed, he could still hear them clearly over his own. Which was scary.

Who was this?

Micheal Myers? 

That scared him, what if he was going to be killed! Or worse! 

Akaashi broke out into a full run, he didn't know how far he walked into the forest. He only knew that the footsteps also started running.

He began to panic as he strained his ears to listen for his friends, once he got to them he could tell them to call the police. Because, shocker, he forgot his phone. In his panic, he managed to trip over a root. And with a shocked yelp, he landed against the forest floor. 

The footsteps slowed down to a walk, he couldn't see the person but he imagined that they would be hiding. 

He stood back up quickly and brushed the leaves off his clothes, he debated on whether or not to run again. He breathed deeply trying to calm himself down

"Who's there?"

Akaashi waited in silence, hoping to hear something. But he heard nothing. Not a single thing, no breathing, no more footsteps, no shuffling. It's like the person disappeared completely. 

He shook his head as his heartbeat calmed, maybe all of this was just his imagination. 

He found his way back to the path and back towards the benches, oblivious to the being staring at him from the darkness. 

A wide smile and crazy eyes were plastered onto its face.