15

PromptA deceased grandma's old doll collection comes alive
Character(s): Tooru Oikawa
Scenario: Oikawa's grandmother died recently and he get's her old dolls. He hates it.

"Tooru, Grandma wanted you to have this."

The brunette sat on the couch at his Grandma's house, it had been a few weeks since she passed and they were now starting to clean her house out. Oikawa had been close to her, he spent a good amount of time with her when he and his sister were younger.

"What is it?"

"We don't know, it just says your name."

Oikawa took the box and looked at it, sure enough on the top of the folds it said his name. He didn't think it would be right to open it there so he waited until he got home to open the box. It was a fairly good size box, yet it wasn't heavy. He carefully peeled off the packing tape and opened the folds.

Inside the box was a ton of old dolls, presumably from his Grandma's childhood.

He had never seen these before at her house though, maybe they weren't displayed?

"Why didn't she leave these for my sister?"

His sister was into vintage things, and she would most definitely set them up as decor. Or maybe even his nephew could've took them. Well, maybe not. Either way it would've ended up at her house. 

The sound of the door opening jolted him out of his thoughts, it scared him so much he accidentally dropped the doll he didn't remember picking up. Luckily, it fell onto his bed.

"I didn't know you played with dolls, Trashykawa."

He looked at his childhood friend who stood in the doorway, he had a smirk on his face and a plastic bag from the market down the street in his hand.

"So mean, Iwa-Chan!"

Iwaizumi walked the rest of his way into the room and shut the door behind him, he walked closer to Oikawa and looked over his shoulder to inspect the dolls.

"They look creepy."

"They were my Grandma's."

"Oh..sorry. They look very nice."

The brunette rolled his eyes "I'm not disagreeing with you Iwa-Chan."

"Can you stop calling me that? We're not kids anymore."

"So rude!"

It was now Iwaizumi's turn to roll his eyes. Maybe only one of them grew up.

Oikawa picked up the doll that fell onto the bed and put it back into the box, they were porcelain dolls. As most probably were back then. The doll he had looked like an Oiran, and some of the others in the box did too. There were some that looked like they were from overseas. 

Some of them were cracked and some had limbs missing. It was like they were in the box for a long time. Maybe they were. That's why he never saw them.

"Why didn't she leave these for my sister?"

"Maybe you were that special to her that you got her special belongings?"

"Yeah but a boy ending up with an Oiran doll? It doesn't make sense."

Iwaizumi shrugged and sat down on the bed, he peeked into the box and pointed at one of the dolls

"There's a samurai."

"Is there?"

"Yep."

The olive-eyed boy took it out and showed it to the latter

"Wow, it looks so cool!"

"Boys! Time for dinner!"

Oikawa carefully grabbed the Samurai out of Iwaizumi's hand and placed it back in the box. He followed the latter out of the room and shut the door.

An hour later Oikawa made his way into his room, he was watching a movie with Iwaizumi downstairs when he had came upstairs to grab a blanket. It was then that he noticed the dolls were gone. The box was tipped over and many of the doll limbs were on the floor, but none of the dolls were in sight. He picked the box back up and picked up the limbs on the floor before walking back out of the room.

He rushed downstairs and into the living room, he had to find the culprit. His mother had gone out for a bit with a friend so she was out of the question. His dad was at work. So this left only one person. Iwaizumi.

"Iwa-Chan. Did you take my dolls?"

"Why would I take your dolls? I haven't gone into your room."

Oikawa sat on the couch next to his friend

"But they're gone."

Iwaizumi turned away from the TV and stared at the brunette in shock

"What? What do you mean they're gone?"

"I mean that they disappeared. The box was tipped over and the dolls were nowhere to be seen."

Just then, they heard a child laughing from their right. Startled, they both turned to look towards the kitchen. Sure enough, there sat one of the overseas looking dolls. She was blonde and wore a pink dress. She had a huge grin on her face that Oikawa was sure she hadn't had before. There attention was turned to the TV that had turned off by itself. On top of the entertainment stand stood the same Oiran doll he had in his hands earlier and the Samurai doll Iwaizumi had.

"What the hell?"

A doll ran across the floor in front of them, causing them to scream. 

"It moved!! Iwa-Chan! It moved!!" 

Iwaizumi was too scared to move, he had never experienced any sort of paranormal activity before. And this seemed like next level stuff. 

Oikawa grabbed Iwaizumi's arm and pulled him off the couch, together they ran out of the house. They decided that they were just going to go to Hanamaki's house for a bit, they didn't want to be anywhere near the house after what happened. 

When they left, the dolls all made their way back into the box and the Oiran closed the folds. 

If Oikawa had inspected the box further, he would have noticed a warning on the side of the box in small script.

What ever you do, please don't open.
Evil dolls lie in here. 
Bad stuff will happen to you.