24

Prompt: None
Characters: Langa
Scenario: The Sk8 family carving pumpkins

It was late at night at S when Joe stated that he had gotten pumpkins. He was going to use them for pumpkin bread and had an amazing idea to have them as decoration for the restaurant. Langa had done this with his parents a few times but he didn't really like doing it. The inside of the pumpkin felt weird and the faces he tried to carve always looked weird.  

"It seems messy. Aren't you worried about the slime?"

"Why me specifically?!"

"You know why! You can't even eat spaghetti without looking like a child."

"Boys, stop!" Cherry said with a sigh, it was already a bad idea since it was so late. Not to mention the restaurant was going to open in a few hours, was this even a good idea? 

"What do you think, Langa?"

The red-head was staring at him expectantly, if it wasn't for the puppy dog eyes he probably wouldn't have caved.

"Sure."

"Great, we have to start now because the restaurant is going to open soon."

And thus the pumpkin carving started. 

Joe had brought bowls out for the pumpkin insides and many old looking knives. A cheap table cloth was put over one of the tables, it wasn't much of a pain to clean up but the smell seemed to stick. 

"Pick a pumpkin, everyone!" 

Despite earlier circumstances, Miya seemed to be enjoying himself. That's great. Now what about him?

He wanted to enjoy it, maybe even a little bit for Reki.

"Look at the pumpkin I choose!" 

Reki's pumpkin was oddly shaped but it was unique. Langa's was tall and round, it looked more like a cartoonish pumpkin than an actual one. 

Langa decided to map out his design first, he wanted to avoid that insides as much as possible. It was going to be inevitable but he was going to try. 

"That design is cool Langa!" 

The blue-haired boy jumped, he hadn't realized that Joe was behind him. 

"Are you going to take the insides out?"

He decided that maybe it was time to come clean. Maybe he could just watch them?

"I don't like the way it feels."

"That's okay, I can do it for you. And then you can carve it." 

What?

He wasn't expecting that. 

The green-haired man smiled at him, he decided to just let Joe do it. Better than him. He handed Joe his pumpkin and watched as it was slowly cleaned out. Soon enough he was able to actually carve out his design.

"I'm going to try and do a skateboard!" 

"It's just going to end up looking like a bread stick."

"So what? It matches with the restaurant."

"It's not going to look like a bread stick!"

The red head looked over at Miya's pumpkin "Your design looks like a child did it." 

"No it doesn't!"

Cherry groaned and put his fan in front of his face. He was obviously done with their shit.

"I'm doing a flower."

"That's weird old man."

"I'm not old!"

"What are you doing, Langa?"

The blue-haired boy looked up from where he was carving his pumpkin, it wasn't a hard design.

"A bat."

"A bat? You can do animals?"

"What? You didn't know slime?"

Reki ignored his younger friend and turned his attention to his best friend 

"Can I see?"

"When it's done."

It took a while until everyone was done. Langa was pretty happy with his work. It looked like a cartoon bat. Fitting for his pumpkin. They had brought them outside of the restaurant to light them up with tealight candles

"Woah! Yours looks so cool, Langa!"

"Awesome job!"

Miya chuckled when he looked at Reki's 

"I told you it would look like a bread stick!"