14

Prompt: A child's imaginary friend is not imaginary.
Character(s): Yuri Plisetsky 
Scenario: Yuri has an imaginary friend that he later finds out is not a imaginary as he thought

"Let's play, Yuri!"

"Okay!"

The young blonde excitedly followed his friend, they were playing in the yard. Yuri was being watched closely by his parents, the five year old used to wander off alone into the woods and would be gone for hours on end. And when the boy came back he would just say "Burian wanted to show me something." or "Burian got us lost." 

Yuri was adopted by Yuuri and Viktor when the boy was only a year old. The boy was said to be kept to himself and that he often talked to nothing, like he was talking to air. When Yuri started to talk in fluent sentences, his parents often heard him talking to "Burian". They could only assume that the boy was talking to his imaginary friend that he had been talking to since they brought him into their home. 

But when Yuri started disappearing during the day for long periods of time, they knew something was wrong. 

"Yuratchka, can we talk?"

"Da."

Viktor was sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee, he had been waiting all morning for Yuuri to leave for the grocery store. His husband was very sensitive and cared a lot about their son, he was always very anxious when Yuri just randomly disappeared. It was often when the boy was left alone watching TV or doing some other activity. 

The blonde sat down next to Viktor, his blanket was dragging behind him for he was just about to go to bed. 

"Yuratchka, who's Burian?"

"He's my friend!"

Viktor smiled at the young boys energy

"What does he look like?"

Yuri thought for a moment before running out of the room, he came back a few seconds later with a drawing that he drew in class the day before. He handed his guardian the picture and stood back with a grin as he watched the mans face change. 

The platinum-haired man was horrified, he tried not to show it too much for the sake of his son. It was a picture of their family and Yuri's cat, Potya. But there was somebody in the background, hiding behind Yuuri's legs. He was leaning down and had a wide grin with sharp teeth. It almost looked like the rake. 

"He's very good looking!" Viktor said with a nervous laugh, Yuri seemed very proud of himself. How come he hadn't seen it when he saw the drawing yesterday?

"I'm back!" 

"Ah! Hurry Yura! You're supposed to be in bed!" 

Yuri giggled as he and Viktor ran into his room, it wasn't even a few minutes later before the man was kissing his son on the head who was tucked tightly into bed. 

"Good night, Yura."

"Good night!" 

The blonde closed his eyes and Viktor took that as his time to leave the room, he closed the door quietly behind him and walked back into the living room. 

He needed to show Yuuri the picture. 

He grabbed the drawing and headed into the kitchen where his husband was putting the groceries away. 

"Welcome back!" 

"Hey Viktor! Is Yura sleeping?"

"Da, I just got him to bed."

Yuuri turned around with a smile but it slowly faded when he saw the nervousness on his husband's face. 

"Viktor?"

The platinum-haired man sighed as he sat down at the kitchen table, immediately Yuuri sat down next to him. Silently, Viktor slid the picture towards Yuuri.

"That's Yura's drawing."

Viktor watched Yuuri as he stared at it confusedly. 

"What's wrong with it?"

The older man pointed at the drawing "Look behind your legs."

Yuuri's face shifted into a horrified expression

"What the heck is that?"

"That's Burian."

"B-Burian?"

"Da."

The two men stared at each other before they heard a noise from down the hall, it sounded like a thump. Fearing that it was Yuri falling out of bed, they rushed into his room. In the darkness of the room they saw something they really wish they hadn't..

It was a pale creature with glowing eyes and a wide smile with sharp teeth, Yuuri bit his tongue to keep himself from screaming. He didn't want to wake Yuri up!

Viktor fumbled with the light switch, hoping that it was just his imagination. But sadly, the creature was still there. It screeched and shielded it's eyes as it basically slithered out of the open window. 

Yuuri rushed over to his son who didn't seem harmed at all, he had slept through everything and was sleeping peacefully. 

"We need to move!" 

"Yep!"