18

Prompt: Walking alone in the graveyard
Character(s): Yukio Okumura
Scenario: Yukio is going to visit his fathers grave when spooky things happen

Yukio shifted the flowers from one hand to the other, it was late at night and he just couldn't sleep so he decided to visit his father's grave. Rin was fast asleep on his side of the room when he left. If his twin found out that he came here without him, he would probably be upset. He didn't blame him though, they haven't visited Father Fujimoto since his funeral. 

He sighed as he placed the flowers over the grave, it looked like it had been cleaned recently. Probably one of the people from the Monastery did it. 

After a while he decided to head back, he had a mission the next day and he wanted to be well rested. Or as rested as he could. 

Yukio gave his respect before standing up and walking away from the grave. This graveyard was big and hard to traverse, he had only been there once and it was during the day. It was easy to see the headstones but the path was dark. 

A sound coming from his left startled him, it had been silent up until that point. He chose to ignore it, thinking that maybe someone was visiting their relatives grave too. 

He wasn't expecting the same noise to sound out behind though, it echoed out throughout the area he was in. This was creeping him out. But still, he tried to remain calm and kept moving. He was sure the entrance was close. The sound picked up again but it was slightly different, it sounded like chains almost.  

He pushed his glasses up as he turned around to look behind him, nothing was there. 

He shrugged it off, he was probably just being paranoid since he was alone in a graveyard. At night. Everything was totally fine about that. 

Maybe he should've woken up Rin. He would've been grumpy that he was woken up but that least they could've kept each other company. 

He hadn't realized he broke into a run until he heard peculiar footsteps behind him, they were kinda thumpy..but not? 

Yukio caught sight of the entrance and ran as fast as he could but sadly he tripped. He lost his glasses in the fall and tried to find them quickly but to no avail. The footsteps caught up to him, he saw a blob coming into view but that's pretty much it. It was gray and almost looked like it glowed. 

He had no idea what to do, it was probably a ghost so he couldn't shoot at it. 

Why hadn't he brought Rin?