Part 2: Throw Caution to the Wind

Timeline: the afternoon after "S1E1 Mystic Mayhem"

Sophie sat at the edge of her bed, looking at the fans right in front of her. Of course, one gift that wasn't based on her special interest was stolen from some mystic mutant. She didn't know what to do and tapped her finger on her cheek as she began to talk to herself out loud. 

"On one hand, this was a very nice gift and one of the coolest things I ever got, but on the other hand, they were stolen from a bad guy. Stealing isn't great but is okay when you steal from a villain?" She said to herself, before burying her face in the pillow she was hugging,

Sophie then looked down at the messed-up mystic disc Leo gave her. Giving herself a minute to meditate, she had an idea. She then gave herself a nod of agreement and got up. She dawned her Aruna Solas Halloween costume cloak, her throwing stars, and smoke bombs. As the turtle looked at herself in the mirror, she took off her bow and tied it down to have it as a mask.

A wave of doubt rushed over her, it had been almost two years since she had left the sewers without her brothers and three since she went on a mission. She had always put in the time to train with her brothers, but she hadn't used it in such a long time. Could she actually venture out and back to the surface? Sophie shook her head in hopes that the memories and thoughts would go away as she grabbed the two fans.

"Okay while bad guys are, as Leo says 'literally the worst.' I can't keep these fans in good faith keep. So, I'll just go to this mystic world, see if I can find this-what was his name-Barty Draxum, and give them back. If I can't though, then I'll just keep it. My conscious will be cleared and I'll get a new weapon. Win, win," she said as she put her items away in her bag, and put an emergency smoke bomb in her shell.

There are many sounds in New York City: the busy people talking away on their phones, the honking cars trying to get through the maze of concrete, and of course the endless stomping of a city that never sleeps. You never realize how loud that sound is until you're in the middle of it. As Sophie climbed the ladder to get to the surface, she could hear it all once again. Coming up in rush hour was always the worst time for her, all this sound smells, and people just gave her a massive headache. 

Her hands moved to open the cover but then she stopped, her heart racing as sounds and smells hit her again. No, she couldn't do it, at least not outside the sewers. Sophie retreated back into the darkness and made her way to the outskirts of the lair. Far enough where she couldn't hear the city above or her brothers could hear her.

Digging through her pockets, Sophie pulled out the disc her brothers entrusted her to put away. She saw her reflection in the disc and she began to recall the ramblings her brothers told her earlier that day. What did they do to open the portal? Through all the rambling of her brothers, it came to her, Mikey drew the M-shaped letter and it opened. Alliteration, always came through for her in the end.

As she put the disc on the wall, blue ruins kit up the room, and much like a bug zapper, Sophie was entranced. She then shook her head as she made the letter in the center, and backed away. As the sewer was filled with the shining sapphire, she took in a deep breath and jumped right into the portal made for her. She began to fall, the wind hitting her face, making it hard to see what was awaiting below. Sophie slowly began to smile, it had been so long since she felt this much excitement.

Then the cool blue hue around her became warm comforting colors of the mystic city. Sophie was in awe of the world below her, it looked like something she would see in her brother's Jupiter Jim movies. All this was under New York City, she'd never believe it if it wasn't in front of her. However as the excitement overcame the young turtle, so did reality as she hit a huge branch hit her and she groaned as she held on tight to it.