Part 14: How to Succeed in Faking Your Death Without Really Trying

Timeline: S1,E18: You Got Served

"C'mon Sophie, try to do the combo moves I taught you," Raph encouraged, looking over at her with a small smile. Sophie groaned as she gripped her controller, moving to the edge of her seat to focus.

Recently Raph was giving her lessons to get better at their favorite fighting game. It turns out just button smashing was not yielding the results she wanted. As a letter from Juniper popped next to her, Sophie pushed it slightly to the side, thinking it was a bug.

"Oh Ms. Juniper wrote back, you wanna, er-uh, take a break to read it?" Raph suggested, looking down at her, but her eyes wouldn't break from the screen.

"Not until I get you just once. I-Just once," Sophie sighed, as she continued to fight Raph. He sighed and thought for a moment.

When Sophie managed to throw him off the stage, he conveniently waited too long to get back on. She cheered, tapping her feet on the ground in happiness. He smiled and cheered for her too, setting down his controller for a break.

"Oh hey a letter from Juniper," she giggled as she opened it. Raph chuckled and rolled his eyes slightly. He sat back, waiting for her to get back in the zone but noticed her smile turned into terror. He leaned over to see what the letter said.

Sophie,

Draxum is in my shop right now, do not write back. Too dangerous.

Meet me in my shop tomorrow, and if you do not find me, take care.

Juniper

"Draxum must've found her. What if she's hurt or worse? This is all my fault," she said, her thoughts racing around in her head. Sophie began to shake and clenched her jaw tightly. Raph put his hand on her shoulder, which broke her out of her panic attack for a moment.

"Then we're gonna save her. She helped you, so she's family and we help family. Let's go there now, maybe we can catch Draxum," Raph confidently suggested, and Sophie instantly nodded, "Let's assembly the Mad Dogz!!"

-

"Where's the rest of the Mad Dogz?!" Raph demanded, the only people in the lair were him, Sophie, and Donnie.

"Mikey and Leo are at Sr. Hueso's restaurant giving out free labor and I was just about to get all that Jewel plant smell off of all my battleshells so this better be important. I don't want to spend another week getting it out," Donnie answered, not looking up from his phone.

"Sophie got a letter from Ms. Juniper and Draxum is giving her trouble, so we gotta-"

"Whoa, whoa wait. Juniper as in the lion-rhino mutant from the Hidden City?" Donnie asked, looking at both of them.

"Yeah," Sophie responded.

"Oh no, we gotta go save her. She's the only one I can have an intellectual conversation with!" Donnie exclaimed, running to get their mystic disc. Without any time to spare, he opened the portal and pushed his siblings in.

The three of them landed on the outskirts of the city, and Sophie let out a sigh of frustration. She wished they were just right in front of the shop. But there was no time, the three of them cut through the allies and hid in the shadows.

When they got there, authorities and bystanders swarmed the building. The large crowd couldn't hide how destroyed the shop looked. Sophie froze in place as she looked at the shop, were they too late? Raph looked down at her and then at Donnie, they had the exact same thought.