Part 17: A Turtle in Human Clothing

(Author's note: This chapter is something I made on a whim. I'll have it as the last chapter to read for a week or two then put it in the right order. Enjoy the chapter!)

Timeline: After the events of S2;E1 - Many Unhappy Returns

The neon lights of the Grand Nexus Hotel shined in the rain, creating what looked like little drops of light dropping down from the sky. Sophie watched as New York City's elite entered the hotel for Big Mama's annual youth charity ball. She sighed before returning to her brothers in the nearby alley, messing with her dress again.

"Can't we just trust Big Mama held up her end of the deal and go back home? It's cold and this dress is uncomfortable," she whined, messing with her skirt again.

"No! Listen you don't know Big Mama like we do. She usually does not hold up to her end of the deal, so you have to go in there and find out. She has never meant you so she won't recognize your voice and with you're amazing disguise, she'll never know," Raph reminded and looked to see if the coast was clear.

"Or you could trust that the faceman himself knew what he was doing, we go home and get out of the rain," Leo said sarcastically, crossing his arms while getting a nasty look from his brother. He didn't want any part of this plan, except maybe watch it go up in flames.

"Make sure to wear this, we'll be able to track you in case she tries to-ugh-web you," Donnie shuttered, putting a bracelet on her with a bright pink gem, "you got Juniper's brooch?"

"Yeah, let's just get this over with. Mikey are you ready?" Sophie asked into the bracelet, looking up for the signal. Once she saw the hand sign, she flew herself up. Mikey opened up the roof hatch and took one last look.

"Okay all the staff should be together to greet the guests, head in now," Mikey whispered, she nodded and gave Mikey her fans, she couldn't risk Mama getting any mystic powers. She put on the brooch and after a small flash of light, he looked at her in amazement.

"Whoa, Sophie you look-"

"Hurry Mikey, drop me! I think I see someone," she urged and wrapped his whip around her waist. He quickly nodded and lowered her down in the hall. She landed behind a pillar and quickly went to blend in with a large group of people.

She kept her head down so that no one would notice her. But when she did, some hair fell on her face. Sophie went to move it from her face, and that's when she saw fingers. It was almost hard to believe she was controlling this body.

Some people caught a glare at her, while others saw her as another face in the crowd. After a moment, Sophie began to relax a bit she was just another human.

"Can you hear us?" Ralph asked in her earpiece and she nodded, glancing up at her brothers on the roof. Before she could respond, she bumped into someone a bit of his drink got on her.

"Watch where you're going," a boy, no older than her, snapped, "Oh great you must be one of the charity cases this year huh?"

She thought for a quick second and extended a hand out to shake, "Yes I'm Sophie...Tomato."

"Nice save," Mikey cheered through the earpiece, trying to hype her up.

"Word of advice, Sophie, next time maybe don't choose a dress that looks like it came out of the trash," he scoffed, walking away in a huff to deal with the stain. The insult didn't phase her too much, after all, she got the dress from the sewer.

"You're great at doing great at first impressions sis," Leo said on her earpiece, "wait, Richie Rich is talking to a staff member. You better hide Ms. Tomato."

Without a second thought, she quickly walked into a bathroom and took a moment to breathe. Once she had finally calmed down, she looked up to see a mirror.