Part 7: The Confrontation

Timeline: The morning of The Evil Leauge of Mutants

Trigger Warning: Mentions of blood

The sun hadn't even pierced the sky when Sophie got ready for her 'training' with Barron Draxum. She knew her brothers were still asleep, so she had time to get everything before they noticed she was gone. Sophie turned on her TV in her room, put in the Aruna Solas first season CD, and walked out of her room. She put up a sign that said 'Marathon watch, DO NOT DISTURB!!' If they did wake up before she made it home, that'd stop them. Throwing the bag of bottles over her shoulder, she quickly ran out of the lair. 

She had to reassure herself it was just gonna be a simple in-and-out confrontation. Draxum was a lot more skilled than her, so she figured the best way to get him was by setting a trap. She made her way to the outskirts of the sewers and drew the glyph once last time. Back to the Hidden City for the last time.

It had taken her a little bit, but her trap was ready to go. Sophie stood back as she looked at the bag in the tree. Using the fans, she used the wind to cover it with the tree's branches. She then heard footsteps coming toward her and she turned to see Draxum.

"I'm glad you are here early, let's get started," Draxum stated, but Sophie didn't move.

"I don't think we will Draxum. I know that you created me and my brothers and I know that those bugs you made weren't made with good intentions," Sophie sneered, gripping her fans, "Not to mention you threw Leo off a roof!!"

Draxum stood there, while he had a feeling everything he said to the boys would get back to her, he assumed he had a greater hold on her than he did. There was no use in hiding it, especially since Sophie was over the lies.

"Yes, that's true. They were trying to stop me from destroying humanity. The yokai people have been shoved down here by those greedy humans just like you and your brothers. Don't you want to live in a world where you aren't seen as a freak, I can do that for you. You and your brothers were created to help me fulfill that destiny, and I know you could convince them to our cause," Draxum elucidated, getting closer to Sophie.

She stepped back with every step he took forward, watching his feet carefully. Once they made it to a small mark she made on the ground, she put her hand up to have him stop. This was her moment, she had to make sure this went off without a hitch.

"You didn't care about me, you wanted a mindless soldier you. You knew I wouldn't have agreed to this if I knew you were trying to destroy humanity. I should've known it was too good to be true, but now that I do I'm not listening anymore. I'm not your experiment or your student. I'm Sophie Hamato and I'll make my own destiny. And right now, I'm going to make sure you don't hurt my family anymore!" Sophie commanded, using the full force of her body to blow the bag behind her.

The wind of the fans made the bag's rope break and go up in the air, and she once again maneuvered the bag to catch the wind and be over Draxum. When she saw him take out some of his seeds, she lunged a dagger at his hand. When the dagger grazed his hand, the seeds came falling out. Sophie then used her last dagger to throw up at the bag.

The bag ripped open and the bottles came crashing down to the ground, and when they broke open the FAB glue incased Draxum in a FAB glue cage. Sophie nodded her head and went to pick up her daggers. When she did, one of the seeds Draxum always had on hand was next to it. Sophie examined the seed but quickly went back to focus on Draxum in the cage.

"This stuff is super strong, Donnie had been working on this FAB 2.0 after Raph trapped them in a ball of it. So let's start talking about how you're gonna leave not only my family but New York alone," she said, looking through the bars of the cage.

Her heart stopped for a second as she looked in to see he wasn't in there. She looked around and noticed a hole where he was supposed to be. Sophie then felt something grab her ankle and she was then flung to the side. Draxum had emerged from the ground, the vines around him made him look like a giant. 

"How disappointing, I thought I taught you better. Real warriors beat their enemies until they can't get back up. Instead, you chose to trap me in this silly little cage. I had such high hopes for nothing," Draxum sighed, "I guess I'll have to destroy you and your brothers."

Sophie started to panic, her FAB cage was her only plan, what was she going to do? 

Run! 

She pulled out a smoke bomb and quickly threw it down. Her feet moved faster than her brain could think, she just kept running. When Sophie went through her bag to get another smoke bomb, she was out! What took their place was one of Draxum's seeds she found. The sounds of the vines trailing behind her almost made her heart stop. Using her fans, she purpled herself in the air and flew down into a forest below. Behind a tree she stood, she held her breath she tried to listen for Draxum.

She couldn't hear a thing. Now was her chance.

Sophie drew the glyph on the ground and hopped through the portal. She fell down onto the cold concrete and heard the sound of running water. She had never been happier to see the dark, musky sewers of New York City. She ran towards the lair, taking out her phone to call her brothers. 

Zoom! A vine hit Sophie's wrist. 

The thorns had cut her hand and she dropped her phone. Sophie was too focused on her bleeding hand to notice the vine came looping around to wrap around her. She was being dragged away to the portal, and when she reached down for her weapons, another vine took hold of her hand. Sophie watched the portal close, only a second more she would be back home.

Draxum commanded the vines to bring Sophie to his lab. With a fell swoop, Sophie was facing him once again. Even with the mask on, she couldn't hide the terror on her face

"You're just as overconfident and arrogant as your brothers," Draxum growled, bringing Sophie closer to him.

A vine then moved down to her neck, she looked Draxum right in the eyes. Sophie struggled as much as she could, but there was no way to get out. Before he could end her, an alarm could be heard coming from one of Draxum's henchmen. Muninn looked at his watch and then looked at his boss.

"Uh sorry to ruin the flow but if we want to keep the conference room, we'll have to go, now," Muninn said, making Draxum roll his eyes.

Sophie was thrown into a cell, Draxum had taken her fans and what was left of her ninja weapons. She tried to take them back, but an orange shield stopped her from getting out. She pounded on the dome, trying her best to break it to no avail.

"Because I have other arrangements, I'll let you live for now. Once your pesky brothers are out of the way, perhaps you can focus on what is important. Humanity has shut you out and made you hide away, you could change all that with me. Make your last moments count and realize what's at stake," Draxum appealed, opening up a portal to get his League of Mutants together.

"Stay away from them! Let me out!" Sophie screamed, pounding on the doors until her hands hurt. Even after Draxum was gone, she just kept pounding on the cage, it was all she could do.

Sophie then noticed her hand was still bleeding, and whimpered as she slowly removed her glove. She tore off part of the belt on her waist and used it as a bandage to wrap around the cut. She had to focus on stopping the bleeding, otherwise, she would start thinking about how much she had messed up.

She then thought about when her phone dropped on the ground. Her lock screen was a group picture of her and her brothers at the convention center. Sophie thought about how amazing that day was, but what if that was the last time she could see them again? It didn't take long before tears streamed down her face, and she began to break down. 

What else could she do?