Part 6: Costume Contest Catastrophe

Timeline: The day after S1:E10 Stuck on You

As the sun shined upon New York City, an aggressive rustle could be heard in a dumpster outside a local convention center. Sophie threw another glass bottle in a bag outside the dumpster. She was mumbling to herself, the thought of her revenge and confrontation was the only thing on her mind. All she wanted was to make him pay, and she had come up with a plan to get him back.

As she continued to fish around for more, she froze when she heard people walk towards the dumpster. She hid in the shadows of the trash, holding her breath as she tried to make no noise. The humans came, talked, threw a big bag of trash, and finally walked away.

Once alone, Sophie opened the bag to see what was thrown away. They seemed to be some posters and pamphlets for a comic con convention this weekend, except the ink from the posters was dried out. She was about to continue her search for bottles when she saw a flyer that caught her eye. A rush of excitement came over her as she read it and she jumped out of the dumpster, grabbed her bag, and hopped down the nearest manhole.

"Donnie! Donnie!" Sophie yelled as she ran into his lab, the towel wrapped around her head swaying back and forth as she ran.

Donnie sat at his desk wielding together a new gadget, and when his eyes finally looked up to his sister, his goggles reflected at Sophie. She then ran up to him with the flyer, and Donnie put his goggles up.

"I was dumpster diving for some glass bottles, don't ask why - and before you ask, yes I showered before coming in. But anyways says this weekend there is an Aruna Solas costume contest!" Sophie blathered, almost running out of breath as she excitedly waved the flyer, "And the prize is a-"

"The new Aruna Solas: to the Magic Dimension game and...oh mi gosh, a new state-of-the-art Bell gaming PC?!" Donnie cut off, reading off the flyer, "okay but why do you need my help? Micke is that artist of the family, he could help you with the costume."

"Bold of you to assume I didn't already make a costume, Donatello. I need you to use your big science brain and make me do some 'real magic' to seal the deal," Sophie explained, bouncing with excitement, "and with your help, I'll give you the PC and I'll keep the game to play on the one you made me."

"Alright deal but much 'real magic' do you want for your costume? I'd imagine you wouldn't want 'full Donnie' as Leo says?"

"No, I want you to go full Donnie, give the people a show!"

Sophie knew how Donnie got when he really got into something, and she wanted that Donnie. She hadn't gone to a costume contest before, and she wanted her first one to be amazing. After all the stress of Draxum's betrayal, this gave her a minute to just be a teen. She gave her brother a cheeky grin, letting him know to go wild. 

Donnie smirked as he put his goggles back on, "I knew there was a reason you were my favorite sister, alright let's go!"

As Saturday came around, the ballroom was full of people dressed as Aruna Solas, people making final alterations and psyching themselves up. Donnie and Sophie were in the corner of the room, her brother helping her put on the different gadgets he had made.

"Okay the ones on the wrists will make it look like you're 'casting spells' you got the light, water, and plant spells you were telling me about, they shoot out fast so you have to be careful not to switch too fast. They might get stuck and possibly explode, but you'll be fine. Then the ones on your ankles will use small propellers to let you fly in the air," Donnie said as he calibrated the one on her wrist.

"I thought you only gonna do the light spell on one wrist and water on the other," she said, pulling up her arm to look at the settings.

"After you went to bed, I added more upgrades. We're in it to win it! I may have fallen asleep halfway while putting in the upgrades so we'll see if there is a...happy surprise" he cheered, smiling as the final call was said on the speaker.