Part 16: Twas the Fight Before Christmas

Week of S1, E23: Snow Day

As a gray blanket of clouds was over the New York sky, Sophie and Mikey were bundled up for the cold winter. As the bustling shops were full of people, the two of them walked out of the store, bags in each hand.

"Okay, we've got presents for everyone and decorations for the Christmas party tonight. We're the best party-planning duo!" Mikey cheered as he hugged Sophie's arm. Sophie cheered in agreement and perked up when she heard a ding from her phone.

"Oh my gosh Mikey, Juniper says she can come tonight! Isn't that great this is her first Christmas ever, they don't celebrate it in the Hidden City!" Sophie said excitedly, showing him the message. Mikey gasped, stopping in his tracks, and pulled the phone to his face.

"We don't have a present for her! What are we gonna do? We can't ruin Christmas for her forever!" Mikey panicked as Sophie began to realize he was totally right. She was freaking out with him when she looked across the street at a jewelry store. She pulled her brother close and pointed at the store.

"Juniper is always talking about how much she has nothing to match her cloaking brooch, maybe we can get her something to wear with it," she suggested, as Mikey excitedly nodded. 

They entered the store, ready to search for the best (and cheapest) piece of jewelry in the store, instead, they were greeted by a robbery. The display cases were being emptied out by the filching felines, Victor and Victoria. The alleycats perked up to see the two turtles and their whole bodies puffed up.

"Ah! It's that tornado turtle, sis!" Victor squealed as the two of them hid behind the display case. Victoria peeked her head and glared at them, "Can't you just leave us be, 'tis the season after all."

"Yeah right, the Mad Dogz won't let any criminals slide. Sophie, show them those sweet moves!" Mikey cheered as he put her fans in her hands. Her stomach dropped when she looked down at the fans, she forgot them at home on purpose.

Sophie took in a deep breath and motioned her fans forward, in hopes to create a massive gust of wind. Instead, she barely made a breeze, it was barely strong enough to blow a flyer off the counter. Victoria began to laugh hysterically, jumping up on the counter.

"What's wrong love? Stage fright?" she asked, grabbing a comedically large bag full of jewelry from the counter. Victor popped up next to her and grabbed an identical-looking bag over his shoulder.

"Too bad, 'cause we love the spotlight. This next act is called, Catch Us if You Can!" Victor snickered and threw a broken pearl necklace on the ground causing the two turtle siblings to slip and fall while they ran out the back.

"Sophie, what was that? You're usually really good with them," Mikey questioned as he took his weapon out. They dropped their bags and ran after the thieves, hot on their trail.

"Uh, you know mystic magic is flakey. The fans are just being difficult!" she grumbled and ran down the allies as fast as she could.

As Victor and Victoria threw anything they could to evade the two of them. All that was on Sophie's mind was catching them, she didn't want them to get away again. Mikey could sense the tension, he had felt it for a while.

"It's just you haven't been coming to training as often and when we fought that giant robot you forgot your fans. You almost forgot them today if I didn't grab them. Is there a reason why?" Mikey pushed as Sophie ran, rolling her eyes slightly.

"I'm just forgetful, that's all," she dismissed, putting her fans in her pockets. They continued to run through the alley and saw the two cats run toward a crowd of people.