Part 18: All in the Family

Timeline: S2;E4 - Reparin' the Baron

"Ugh, Dad do we have to wear these outfits? This dress is so itchy," Sophie whined as she pulled the collar of her dress and felt her dad slap her hand. They were on their way to April's apartment, Mikey said her parents wanted to meet them.

"Yes, first impressions are everything, and I want my kids to not only look their best but be their best. So be good," Splinter said sternly, giving Leo and Donnie each a look.

When they flung open the door, Raph and April talking to Mikey (wearing a dinosaur costume) in a dingy apartment with...Baron Draxum?! Before anyone could realize they had been tricked, Sophie gasped at the sight of him. She was taken aback to see him, ever since the Shredder fight, she assumed he was gone forever. She didn't hear anything anyone said, her eyes were focused on Draxum, and she could feel herself about to run away. That's when she felt one of Mikey's hands take hers and their father's green bean casserole in the other.

"Whoa whoa, he's not our enemy anymore. He's family! And once he gets some of those warm and fuzzy family feels, it'll crack that icy shell and we'll be knee-deep in sunshine," Mikey reassured, giving everyone his big goofy smile. Sophie forced a smile back, but deep down she hated this whole thing.

"Fine let's get that over with," Splinter growled, taking his casserole back and heading toward the makeshift dinner table.

"Hold up, we're waiting for one more," Mikey cut off, then a knock at the door could be heard. When he opened it, Juniper was waiting at the door.

"Hello, Michalego! Thank you for inviting me to your birth-I mean, Mutation Day party!" Juniper cheered, walking in with a cake, and taking off her cloaking brooch. She looked around happily but it didn't take long to notice Draxum in the corner.

"Juniper?! You're alive?!" Draxum shouted as she stared at him, he thought she was dead. She didn't react other than her tail wagging around, she wasn't sure how to react. After a moment of everyone holding their breath, her tail stopped wagging.

"Oh, a party crasher, let me take care of him, everyone," Juniper stated calmly, dropping the cake and taking out her gun. The siblings started to protest and she looked at them all puzzled, as far as she knew Draxum tried to kill everyone in this room.

"Wait! I'm sorry for lying to you Ms. Juniper but it's not actually our Mutation Day. I wanted to have a big family dinner, and since you're a big part of our life I wanted you here. Draxum won't be any trouble, I promise," Mikey explained, as Juniper looked down at him in shock. She was about to protest when she looked at all of Mikey's family giving her a 'go along with it' look.

"While I don't appreciate the trick, I suppose this could also be...fun?" Juniper sighed, giving Mikey a small smile, "But I'm keeping the gun."

"Yay, compromise!" Mikey cheered as everyone got ready for dinner.

Everyone sat at the table in silence. What felt like an eternity was only a little under an hour. Juniper was sitting next to Sophie, her tail tapping her chair the whole time as she ate, keeping her eyes on Draxum. Sophie hadn't noticed, she was on the edge the whole time, her plate untouched. It was no better for everyone else at the table, the only happy person to be there was Mikey.

"Isn't this nice? When's the last time we all got together like this huh?" Mikey chimed in, trying his best to break the silence.

"The time Draxum dropped me off a building?" Leo answered, still holding a grudge.

"No actually, I think it was when he ambushed us at the botanical garden," Donnie argued, the smell still haunted him to this day.

"No, no the baseball stadium. Dark armor tried to destroy humanity?" Raph insisted, taking a bite of his food.