Chapter 5

A week later and things weren't looking good. Silva was getting worse and Elizabeth was falling apart.

The realisation that her dad was going to die was getting the best of her and she simply didn't know how to handle it. Her friends knew something was wrong. They knew it was getting to her no matter how hard she pretended it didn't.

Sky rarely let the girl out of his sight, afraid she would do something stupid which led her to now.

Sky, Elizabeth, Stella and Riven were all sat at their usual bench watching her dad. He looked like shit. The older man had to rely on other things to keep him up right.

"How does he look to you?" Sky asked to nobody in particular.

Stella spoke up. "He looks fine to me." She said not looking up from her phone.

"Look at that Doctor Stella and her amazing diagnosis." Riven remarked.

Sky noticed how Elizabeth hadn't taken her eyes off the man, her features full of worry.

"Beth he'll be fine. They'll kill the burned one in time don't worry." The specialist reassured pulling the fairy into his arms.

The other two watched them with sympathy. Neither blonde would admit it but they were fucking terrified.

Silva had felt the eyes on him for majority of the lesson and he knew who they belonged to. He was happy to know she cared but devastated at the fact that she would probably lose him.

He had went to Farrah earlier in the week to dicuss what would happen to Sky and Elizabeth should he die. He knew that was likely going to be the outcome rendering him unable to look his daughter in the eye.

He just couldn't bring himself to see the look she was giving him. He was all she had, her mother going missing shortly before the events of Aster Dell.

"Are you guys going to the party?" The light fairy asked gaining the attention of the other blondes who had been in their own little world.

"Probably not Stell no." The chaos fairy responded her voice emotionless.

"Come on Lizzie you need a distraction, you both do. I'm not saying you have to get drunk but at least go, get your mind off things for a few hours." The Princess reasoned.

Reluctantly, the Sliva girl nodded before standing up and walking away. The three remaining teens shared a look, silently deciding who was to go after her. Sky stood and followed after her not knowing what he was going to say.

The pair ended up by a tree near the barrier. Wordlessly, they sat down next to each other.

After a few moments, Sky pulled the girl into him so she was wrapped up in his side.

"He's going to die." She spoke her voice broken.

Seeing Elizabeth in this state broke Sky's heart. She was in pain and he couldn't do anything to help her.

"He's not going to die Beth. It's Silva we're talking about here." The specialist reassured. Whether he was assuring her or himself he didn't know.

"No you don't get it. Just before the year started I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. This is it. It has to be." By this point the blonde fairy had abandoned her strong facade and was breaking down in the boys arms- not that he minded.

"If it comes down to it we'll kill the burned one because we're not losing him. You hear me?" Sky spoke, comforting the broken girl in his arms.

Elizabeth didn't speak. She didn't trust her words so she nodded. She clutched Sky's shirt as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.