Chapter 5

Today was the Alumini banquet and the winx suite were planning to expose Rosalind. Laura had offered to help Lizzie get ready and wanting to get to know her mother she agreed.

Knocking on her mothers door, Lizzie was nervous. The door opened and the older blonde pulled the younger into a hug which she reciprocated.

"Have you got everything you need Eliza?" She asked. Lizzie nodded holding up the bag containing her dress and her small backpack.

Lizzie looked around the room and noticed the red bodycon dress hanging on one of the doors. She walks over to it and looks at it. "You like my dress?" Laura asks with a hopeful smile.

"Oh yeah its definitely something you can pull off. It's gorgeous Laura." The girl complimented.

While Laura was a little disappointed the girl didn't call her mum, she understood that she wasn't ready yet. She had been absent her whole life and came back under some pretty bad circumstances. Had the situation been better she thinks Lizzie would have accepted her a lot quicker.

"Ok dresses or hair and makeup first?" The mother asked. Lizzie thought about it for a minute. She had never done anything like this before so she didn't know.

"Hair and makeup?" She said but it sounded more like a question.

Her mother nodded and pulled the girl to her bed where she started doing her makeup. They had agreed that they would do each others hair and makeup and see who did it better. A friendly competition.

Once her makeup was done, Laura plugged in a curling wand. Lizzie wanted to try something different. Sure she loved her naturally pin straight hair, but she wanted to try something new. She thought about dying it but decided against it. If she didn't like it then there wasn't much she could do about it.

Laura was delicate with her hair. Making sure each curl was identical before moving on to the next one. Once she was done she guided her daughter to the mirror.

Lizzie was shocked. She and her mother looked identical. They could pass for sisters instead of mother and daughter. She ran her fingers through her hair and smiled. She loved the curls.

The women finished their hair and makeup before sitting down. "Why was that so exhausting?" Lizzie asked.

Laura shrugged. "I don't know kid but it was wasn't it. Why don't you get dressed first and I can take a picture for your dad." She suggested. Lizzie nodded and took her dress into the bathroom.

Unzipping the bag, Lizzie looked at the dress. It was her signature blue at the top and the blue got darker until the bottom was black. It was gorgeous. Unzipping the dress she slipped it on and buckled the collar on her neck. Zipping herself up, she looked in the mirror and couldn't help but smile.

Waking into the main area, Lizzie cleared her throat and Laura looked at her, eyes wide. She knew her daughter was beautiful but this was something else. The mother was sad that Saul wasn't here to see her but took a picture for whenever they saw each other again.

Standing up, Laura pulled the girl into a hug. "You look gorgeous sweetheart. It's just a shame your dad isn't here. He'd cry." She complimented.

"You really think he'd cry?" Lizzie asked. Laura merely nodded.

Laura got changed and the pair headed to the banquet arm in arm. When they walked in all eyes were on them. Whether that was because Laura was believed to be dead for the past 16 years or they were stunning they didn't know, nor did they care.

The pair approached Andreas who looked a lot less hostile and happy to see the youngest Silva.

"Drea you look good." Laura complimented. The man laughed.

"Not as good as the pair of you." He replied.

Lizzie looked at the brute confused. Why was he so kind? Maybe she was overthinking or maybe just maybe the man was under Rosalinds control.

He turned to the youngest Silva and smiled warmly at her, which truth be told creeped her out a little bit.

"Look at you little one. So grown up. Your father would be very proud." He pulled her into a small hug with a smile.

Just then she heard her name be called. She knew it was Sky and thank the heavens he did. His dad was weirding her out big time.

"Sky, hi." She greeted wrapping her arms around the boy. He smiled and pressed a kiss to her head.

"Laura. Andreas." He greeted politely with a smile.

With that the two teenagers left and went to the winx suite who were deep in discussion.

"Oh thank god you're here Lizzie we were just discussing how to break your dad out." Musa informed.

Lizzie looked at her friends confused. They had already broke him out so why do they need to do it again. Terra noticed her confusion and spoke up.

"My dad ratted him out to Rosalind and he's in the east wing." She explained sheepishly. Lizzie nodded. She didn't blame Terra, nor Ben. She knew Rosalid must have threatened him.

The girls explained the plan. It was easy enough. During the banquet sneak into the east wing and free Saul.

Lizzie and Bloom were going to go until they weren't. Turns out that the two will be at the banquet as will Sky, Laura and Andreas per Rosalinds request.

Bloom and Lizzie sat with a free seat in between them and they wondered why. Well they did until Sky walked in and sat beside them.

Everyone made idle chat and Rosalind was bragging about Lizzie and Bloom being the first fairies in a thousand years to transform and what not. Honestly Lizzie was done with the woman.

Stella had an argument with her uncle regarding Sky and the Princess had tears in her eyes. Lizzie noticed and sent the girl a worried glance who shook it off.

Deciding she was done with the shit, Stella stood up and marched straight to the centre before telling everyone that Rosalind was behind the fairy attacks.

"As good of a theory as that is that's not true. I have been trying to figure out what the creatures want. I captured one and have figured out that are scrapers and gave been taking fairy magic. I don't know what for yet." The wench corrects as two guards wheel out a table with a box on top of it.

There was something in the box and it slapped itself against the glass letting everyone see what it is.

Everyone gasped in shock.

"I have a strong suspicion that it's the blood witches behind these attacks sending these things to do there dirty work." She continued.

Lizzie had to admit that it seemed plausible and could be truth despite how much she hated it.

Maybe Rosalind wasn't her enemy or maybe she was the lesser of two evils.