Pieces of the Puzzle

"Hey boss! What are you doing here, are ya gonna stay...please...dear God?" A smiling Allyson approached Samantha in a kidding not kidding way as she went around the desk to greet the staff. "Nah not today,,well not for long. I'm actually here to do a little research on something for myself. I was hoping to pop in the genealogy room for just a bit to look at Robert Underwood's collection." Allyson scrunched up her nose as if she smelled something rotten. "Ewww whyy? She said, a gagging look reflected on her face. Samantha reached into the drawer for the key to the display case and said, "Well he was talking about donating it for good to the library so I just wanted to give it a look see to remember what was there." Which wasn't quite a lie, just a stretch of the truth. "Oh joy," Allyson replied and returned to her perch at the front counter. "Joan here today?" she asked as she looked for a disposable glove to shove in her pocket. "Nahh she worked Saturday so she's off, but Shirley is back there if you need her." "Probably not but I'll poke her before I leave." "Ok, she chirped, holler if ya need me." "Oks thank ya." Samantha walked to the room at the end of the building, quietly entering to trigger the motion sensor lights. No one was there, good. She silently made her way over to the case and unlocked the door. She brought her phone up to closer inspect the picture of the necklace around the strangers throat and compare it to the ones in the case. There was a blue flint color to the one he wore round his neck. It was small but looked very much like it would do the job if needed.

She scanned the display box looking for a similar item. Although there were no blue ones to be found a pink looking one seemed to call to her from the center of the box.

She picked it up gently, the stone material seeming to hum at her touch almost like it was trying to activate. Samantha quickly pocketed the arrowhead and locked the case back as it was. She swiftly walked back to the front and said her goodbyes as she tried not to run back to her car. Now all she needed was a native American to make it work, but who? She started toward Eden once more and then it hit her, Kyra her sister's own child. She may not trigger what she wanted, but surely her presence would inspire some kind of event. The Cherokee in her bloodline giving a glimmer of hope. Samantha cruised down the road heading for her nieces house in hopes that it would be enough to help find her sister.

Sarah sat shivering under the blanket listening to the wind howling outside the teepee. The teepee,,,a teepee what the actual fuh. She was cold now cause the body heat that had been keeping her cozy was outside yelling at a weird dude with scars on his face. She looked around her drinking in the surroundings. What was this cosplay hell? She felt another shiver snake up her spine and gathered the bundled blanket even closer. She didn't know whether to wrap the blanket around her and make a run for it or stay quiet till she had more information about what the crap was going on. The yelling of the stranger died down to a low muffled sound then it sounded like the conversation died off completely. A moment passed and the one named Arthur poked his head in scoping the area then stepped inside heading toward her. Sarah backed up as far as she could on the cot looking like a scared rabbit about to bolt. Arthur held both hands out in front of him in an "its ok" gesture and slowed his steps to a stop. "It's ok Elle, I'm not gonna hurtcha," he took another step closer and saw her visibly flinch. Arthur eased over to the cot sitting gingerly in front of the frightened woman. "Everythins gonna be ok I promise." He raised his big hands up and placed them gently on either side of her shoulders seeming to will her to trust him, his eyes pleading. He tilted his head to the side and lower to catch her eyes with his as he softened even more at the fear he saw reflected back at him.

Arthur reached up and slowly pulled the blanket down with one crooked finger to reveal her face. "There you are, he smirked slightly, it's gonna be ok honey, you're safe." The panic in her eyes started to ease as she met his gaze. In a small voice she finally spoke. "Where are we? What is this place? She looked around, and where is my sister?" He closed his eyes in preparation to give a long-practiced speech then began. "My name is Arthur Morgan. You are in the Wapiti Reservation in the Wyoming mountains. I know you don't remember anything, but you're real name is Elle, or it was, and I'm your,,your husband. It's ...it's complicated." He reached up to cup her face lovingly. "I been lookin for ya for a long-time sweetheart." The emotion behind his eyes was tangible. A mixture of love adoration and relief almost overwhelming. This handsome rugged man looked almost broken with mixed emotions pouring out of his blue eyes at her in full force. "But...but I think you're confused...my name is Sarah and..and i live in Eden NC... I'm not.." A gunshot fired outside, and a yell carried in the tent door "MICAH!" another shot and what sounded like horses stomping outside the door made her jump and put her hands over her ears. Arthur's eyebrows furrowed and the sweet emotion disappeared as it was replaced by angry determination.