Only a Moment

Warning: Smut...ok a double post, just couldn't leave you hanging. Remember first story here so overlook the unpolished work.

Sarah stirred slightly as Arthur lay her down on the cot. He pulled the hair away from her face with one finger and sat down beside her on the makeshift bed. He knew it would be hours before Dutch and his men got to the camp. They were still hold up in Beaver Hollow near Annesburg and it was at least a four-hour ride from here. He leaned over and gently kissed her on the forehead and she moaned softly. Just the whispered sound seemed to light him on fire with the desire to touch her, to hold her again. Time had felt weird to him all day, as if it had come to a crawl and slowed. Morgan looked down at her quiet breathing and felt like he'd been with this woman in front of him forever. He stood and unbuttoned his shirt, casting it aside as he hung his hat on the nearby post. He paused only briefly as she moaned again and rolled over to face the back of the tent, her hair cascading down her back to pool on the bed beside her. "Damn.." he whispered as he felt himself stiffen at the sight of her bare neck. Arthur grumbled to himself as he stripped away boot after boot then dropped the heavy buckle in order to shimmy out of the dark jeans.With nothing but what god had given him, he crawled under the scratchy wool blanket to face her, just watching her as she slept.

As he lay there looking at her, he missed her even though she was close enough to touch. His reverie didn't last long though as a massive owl screeched outside and startled her awake to a half sitting position. He reached out quickly to calm her, "You're alright, I'm right here.." She was looking around trying to remember her surroundings breathing fast, heart beating like a bird. "Hey...hey!" he reached to turn her face towards his, "It's okay.." Their eyes locked and she had reached up to grab the hand at her face in a death grip. Realization washed through her, and he saw her visibly start to relax. Their eyes burned into each other; his need so strong but unspoken. Arthur searched her face a moment longer then took both her hands into one of his big ones and brought his other around to cradle the back of her head drawing her to him. She didn't fight, didn't push back, just closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss, seeming to want it just as much as he did. Regardless of her unspoken need, he picked up on her instant trembling knowing it was a deafening que to watch how much he pushed her. Her body was screaming for his touch but he sensed her mind was still caught up in deep reservation.

The kiss was gentle at first, she stay perfectly still as he leaned into her, almost like a trapped animal

The kiss was gentle at first, she stay perfectly still as he leaned into her, almost like a trapped animal. He drew back and read her eyes to make sure this was ok and he knew it was as she leaned in again slightly to meet him. He dropped her hands to his bare chest and brought his other hand up to now hold both sides of her face. Her fingertips lay just softly touching him sending what felt like electricity from her body to his. He moved slowly, deliberately not rushing her so as not to scare her away. He had to go at her pace. Somehow he knew this. She was like an injured creature that would run at the first sign of danger or pain. Their kiss deepened as he trailed down the front of her, his hands while big, moving with expertise to unbutton the hide skin dress she'd dawned earlier that day. As he got to the fourth clasp that lay in front of her breast, her small hands came up to grasp his wrists and he felt a quick intake of breath from her as she broke the kiss and froze holding onto him. Their faces were still close enough to feel his breath as he whispered to her, "Shhhhh its ok, it's ok darlin." Arthur froze too for a moment so as not to make her sprint from the cot. He brought his lips back down on hers willing her to feel safe to know this was right this was ok with each taste of her. He had just told her earlier they could move slow, that there was plenty of time for this to happen but her shy but sound approach to continue spurned him to further the soft seduction. Soon he felt her relax again, while still feeling anticipation coming off her in waves. Her hands had moved back down to rest on his shoulders now and he could feel the slight tremble of both fear and excitement through her touch.