Reunited

"Hey honey, you awright?" The big man was leaning just over her face, a concern showing in his blue eyes. The memory of her screams, well her doppelgangers screams echoed in his head. The torture and pain of it. The fire and flames consuming her with no hope of escape. The thought made a fleeting despair cross his eyes before squeezing them shut and opening them again.

 The thought made a fleeting despair cross his eyes before squeezing them shut and opening them again

Sarah rubbed her eyes and sat up on the cot holding the blanket to her.The sun was casting a red glow just outside the teepee as dawn quickly approached. As promised, the chief returned to check on them. The commotion last night had made everyone uneasy, and he was just as anxious about the surprise arrival of what was left of the Van Der Linde gang coming onto the reservation. A young girl trailed behind the chief; a fresh handmade buckskin overlay her arm that she placed down on the bed in front of Sarah.

It was simple but beautiful. "Thank you," she said as the girl nodded slightly to her chief then took her leave. Sarah saw the two men make no move to leave her some privacy, so she snatched the dress and drug it under the blanket with her to get dressed. She struggled putting her head into the bottom of the dress and strained to hear the men's voices outside her makeshift dressing room. "You will have to leave here now Arthur. Dutch and his people will most likely be back by nightfall and your lady friend will be in danger." In the background the blanket mound moved and writhed as the struggle was real to get on the well fitted dress. A voice quipped up from the wool, "Lady friend in danger?..What lady friend?" The two men paid no mind to the heap and kept talking. The old chief watched the outlaw pace the floor staring down rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Arthur paused to look at the old man, "Well...we can't just leave um to shoot yall all to hell either.." his eyes filled with concern. The blanket mound moved and rolled, a leg poking out the side in an effort. "Shot?? Who's getting shot?" The men continued to ignore her as the old chief spoke. "Morgan, my people have been persecuted for decades. Another night of violence is not unknown to them. You put them in more danger by staying here. He's going to come back for her, and when he does not only will she be jeopardized, so will my tribe."

"Jeopardized!" the tangle fell back and off the cot with a thud *hrumph*, Sarah's head finally popped out, emerging from under the folds. She blew a strand of hair out of her face and looked from one man to the other. "Who's jeopardized?" A fuzzball of wool she had disturbed floated down to land just behind her left ear as she looked side to side, her expression growing frantic by the moment. Finally, Morgan walked over leaning down to pluck the fuzzball from her hair, "Dontcha worry now darlin, it's nothing to be frightened over." She pulled, twisted, then finally jerked the remains of the blanket twisted around her to sling it towards the wall as she made her way to now stand. His hands reached down to help her up, Jesus he was big or wide or whatever the hell. "You're awright now," he aimed to help her stand and she batted him away. She seemed to have all her facilities back, except for the nagging pain she still felt in the back of her neck. "Don't you AWRIGHT me mister." She looked back in forth tween the two. "You said last night that you would explain everything today. Welllll.. Get ta splaining."