Epilogue Part 2

"This is STUPID! They don't wanna go!" Johns' yells could be heard even behind the closed door. "That's NOT the point John! They HAVE to go. They got families back there!" The two men had been outside all morning going rounds as the two girls finished washing up the breakfast dishes. They looked at each other miserably and put away the last of the plates. Soon their voices died down to grumbles then soft words that couldn't be heard. John burst in slamming the door hard against the wall stalking back to the back bedroom. "John?.." Samantha took a step towards him. "Just give me a minute.." he said trying to hold back his anger as he ducked by and into the bedroom without stopping. Morgan walked in slowly behind him, a resolved look on his face. Samantha looked at him expectantly, her sister stepping up beside her with the same look on her face. "He'll be awright...he's just processin." His hand slid back rubbing the back of his neck. The whole damn situation sucked no matter how right or wrong it was. Arthur knew John was struggling just like him, facing the loss of the two women that had grown to mean everything in their dismal outlaw lives. Morgan put his hands on the back of one of the kitchen chairs seething. "God damn it!" He picked the chair up and slammed it back down to the floor. Then stalked back out the front door leaving the girls to look sorrowfully behind him. A few moments passed then the two women heard the soft click of the back bedroom door. "I'll leave y'all alone for a moment." Sarah said and went to walk out on the porch to join her husband.

He walked into the room and took her in his arms, holding her so tight she thought she would stop breathing. "I don't wanna go." she whispered into his chest holding onto him. "I know baby, I know." He felt his own tears spike the corner of his eyes, angry and full of sorrow. "I feel like my hearts gonna break.." She cried softly in his arms not knowing what to say or what to do. John closed his eyes and let out a sigh, gathering the strength he'd need to encourage her to do what she had to and let her go. He held her from him looking down. "I love you Samantha Marston, don't you ever forget that you hear me." she nodded her breath hitching in a sob. "I will always, Always be here for you, no matter how many years or worlds apart we are. I promise." He leaned to kiss her softly on the lips. Their coupled sorrow thick and heavy in the warm summer air. "JOHNNN," Morgan called from outside, "We have to go to keep the Light!" John sighed again and put his arm around her guiding her towards the door. "Come on, wife." he said lovingly, leading her out to the wagon where Arthur and Sarah were waiting.

The drive was a quiet but pleasant one. The two girls drinking in as much of the scenery from the home they'd come to know, trying to imprint it in their minds. They came around the corner and there it was, the lake reflecting the light prettily as the sun shimmered on its surface. Arthur pulled the wagon to a stop just across the lake from the little cabin. They could see someone in a distance working on the wheel of a wagon, but it was too far to make out anything other than it was a man from where they were.

 They could see someone in a distance working on the wheel of a wagon, but it was too far to make out anything other than it was a man from where they were

They helped the women down from the wagon, both of the couples holding on to one another for one last goodbye. "Ok sweetheart, me n John are gonna be right here. If something goes wrong, you holler. If nothing happens...if this don't work. We go home and put this to rest forever...ok?" She shook her head yes not daring to speak for fear she'd start crying again. He hooked a finger and lifted her chin kissing her long and deeply one last time.