chapter two

ella

Something feels off.

I don't know if it's the pounding of my head, which is clearly indicating I had way too much to drink last night, or that the sunlight shining in through the window seems a lot brighter than usual, but something feels off.

No, I'm being ridiculous. Everything is fine. I'm in my own room, under my own covers, snuggled up against the life-size teddy bear that Uncle Chris and Aunt Jamie bought for me when I was born.

Except, Teddy usually feels a lot softer than he does right now...

You've got to be kidding me.

As I come into touch with reality, I realize exactly where I am and exactly who I'm snuggled up against.

Adam Banks.

A.K.A, my ex boyfriend of two and a half years and crush for what's felt like forever.

Obviously, I wasn't expecting to be broken up with. When we finally started dating halfway through freshman year, I thought that was it. We were endgame, or so everyone thought... including me.

When Adam came over at the beginning of summer break and told me that he thought it was best if we took a break for a while, it's safe to say I was pretty shocked. I didn't let it show though. I put on a brave face and reluctantly agreed, waiting until after he'd left to let all of my feelings out.

I sit up quickly and cover my face with my hands, trying to forget what we ended up doing last night. I know I was drunk, but I didn't think I was drunk enough to the point where I basically mauled him in front of all our friends and then agreed to go inside with him.

And then in here? Sleeping with him, especially when we aren't together, was not planned. I made that mistake already freshman year and have not wanted to repeat it, but here we are I guess.

Whatever, as long as Sadie didn't actually send the picture she supposedly took to-

No way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~