chapter 5

I walked for hours but it felt like days and I couldn't find anyone, I was tired, hungry, thirsty and frustrated. I have seen different flowers and trees which I have never seen before. My clothes were dirty by falling into mud once in a while during my walk. I had seen different shaped small critters running here and there, and they are nothing like I have seen before. This world is different!

"I think I can't walk anymore" I sighed and lean on a tree. I am exhausted and haven't eaten anything since two days. I looked at the sky, it was still dark but I guess sun's going to rise in few hours. I kneeled down beside the tree as my legs couldn't bear my weight, I think I am going to die from hunger and thirst.

On my way I had seen some fruits but I didn't ate them in fear that they are poisonous because they also weren't like normal fruits that I have seen before. It's like everything is a cross between two things from my world. Like I had seen a fruit which looks like a cross between apple and orange, shape of an apple and color of an orange.

I closed my eyes in exhaustion, may be if I would rest I would feel good. I thought.

Or maybe if you close your eyes you won't open them again! Said my inner self.

Does it matter? No. I would rather die than being lost in this new world. There is no wolf, no protector of me. I was alone, I am alone and I will always be alone! I exhaled heavily.

I heard a rustling of leaves around me and I opened my eyes. I looked around but found no one. Good now I am hearing things! I huffed.

But then again I heard a low growl.... no growls. I gasped in shock when I saw few wolfs coming out from behind the trees and they all were growling at me. They were baring their teeths at me. I was shivering in fear at the sight of dozen wolves. I tried to find the one in my dream but there was no one like him. There was no dark wolf here. I stood up and raised my hand towards them in order to stop them from coming near me but who am I kidding. It would take few seconds for them to tear me apart and I won't be able to do anything.

"Please stop ... don't come near me" I barely whispered but I know they have heard it because the one who looks like the leader step ahead towards me with a growl, his eyes were black and his canines out to devour me. I closed my eyes in fear reciting all the prayers that I had known. I know I am going to die! So this is it. I was always in the protection of my grandma and when she dies I couldn't even live for 2 days alone. Maybe I am weak and pathetic.

A scream erupted from me as I felt a sharp sting on my left leg and I fell on the ground. I opened my eyes to look at my leg and sae blood around it, that wolf had bitten me on the leg. The piece of cloth covering that area was gone and I could see my bloodied skin. I was crying at this point now from the pain. That wolf took another step towrads me and this time he was going for my neck. My gaze was on him I was begging him with my eyes to spare me but it looks like he doesn't understand or want to understand. I was loosing my blood and was also losing my consciousness.

As that wolf was about to break my neck by his deadly canines, he was pushed away by sudden gust of wind and the next moment he was on the ground with his neck broken. He was dead! I looked up from the dead body and met eyes with that same wolf that I have seen before, those familiar golden eyes were looking at me. My eyes were half closed, he let out a loud howl which makes all the other wolves bow down. There was something so powerful in that howl that even makes me want to bow down to him. He stepped towards me and eyed my leg a deep growl erupted from within him. I get a feeling of deja vu. That dream!