chapter 16

I ate lunch with the kids here, its the only place in this whole fortress where I feel at peace. I like spending time with these kids especially Adrian, right now it was only me and Adrian in the huge room. All the other kids went out to play with other kids that live with their parents.

Another omega came shortly after Lola left, she was the same girl who serve me breakfast yesterday Rose. She asked to help me with Adrian but I declined her saying that I would like to spend some time with him. Now Adrian is sleeping in my lap as I caressed his head. He is so cute and innocent, if I would ever have a baby I want him or her to be like Adrian.

"Hey you are here, I looked for you everywhere" Cassandra came in the room.

"Hi" I said meekly, she was radiating with happiness.

"I can't believe Pharell has found her mate finally" she said with excitement and I can see she is genuinely happy for him.

"His mate is beautiful, they both looked good together" I told her happily.

"Yes I have seen Lola before, she will be good for him" Cassandra chided with a grin.

"Where were you the whole day?" I asked her as I placed Adrian in the cot and covered him with the blanket. When I looked back at Cassandra she was eyeing Adrian with adoration.

"I decided something actually my mate and I both made a decision. That decision required elders permission, so we went to meet elders." She told me but her eyes were still on Adrian.

"What decision?" I asked her. At that she looked at me with wide grin.

"Ruth and I met when I was 18 and now I am 24 but we don't have a child yet. When we went to healer she told us that I can't become a mother.." she sighed sadly.

"Ruth assured me that he is fine with it and we both are enough for each other and I had accepted it but after watching Adrian yesterday, I wanted a kid of our own so I decided that we would adopt Adrian. In this way he will get his parents and we will get our baby" she told me with tears but was smiling.

"Oh Cassandra I am so happy for you, you made a good decision. I am so proud of you" I hugged her as I felt my own tears ran down my cheek. Finally Adrian will have the love of a mother and a father.

"Thank you Luna but I am not sure if I can be a good mother, you are so good with the kids. Would you teach me how to take care of kids" she asked me.

"Ofcourse. I will be there for you if you ever need me but I am sure you will be a great mother to Adrian" I told her and I believe it too.

"Cassie" came Beta's voice from the door as he stepped toward us and nodded at me in greetings. She smiled widely at him.

"Are you ready to meet our baby?" She asked him and I saw him smile too. She held his hand and took him close to Adrian where they both watch him asleep. They both have tears of happiness in their eyes as they were watching Adrian. They would be great parents to Adrian that I am sure of.

"Congratulations to both of you" I said.

"Thank you Luna" said Beta.

"Oh I forgot we have to go to Gamma's mating ceremony" Cassandra palmed her face at her forgetfulness. Ruth chuckled at his mate reaction.

"It's not started yet, we still have time." Said Ruth.

"Yes but ... I want to take Adrian with me but he is asleep and I don't want to disturb him either" she looked worried.

"It's okay, we will leave Rose to take care of him and once he is awake she will bring him to you" I assured her at which the couple smiled.

"Yes that's better" she said.