chapter 22

My facial expression turned to annoyance when I heard that voice. I don't want anything to do with these two people so I ignored her.

"You have already found a boyfriend and here I was sad for you" her voice held fake concern and when I looked at her she was eyeing my mate who looked confused as he gaze at me. A surge of jealousy ran through me at her eyeing my mate.

"Taylor I don't want to talk to you so you should leave me alone" I huffed at her.

"Taylor let's go" came my ex-fiancé's voice he was trying to pull her away but she wasn't budging.

"Look at her, you were sad that she must be hurt when you leave her but she has already moved on," she said and I scoffed loudly.

"He left me?" I rolled my eyes at her, my anger skyrocketing as I stood up. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Atticus standing up too in a protective stance.

"Both of you cheated on me, you both were my best friends. So he didn't leave me I left him" my voice was loud and I heard whispers around us. They looked embarrassed but Taylor was being a bitch and stubborn.

"It's not like you loved him, you weren't even happy with the engagement," she said.

"Yes I was being forced into that relationship but still I deserve loyalty. Even though I didn't want that relationship but still I was loyal and respected it unlike him" I said and glared at Ivor who looked embarrassed and sad.

"I know a sorry would never make up for what I did but still I want to apologize. I know I was being an idiot imposing myself on you when clearly for you I was never more than a friend to you. Now I realize how idiotic I was... I shouldn't have done what I did..." He wasn't even done when he fell backward on the ground from the force of the punch.

"Atticus" I was shocked when I saw Atticus raging form. He then held Ivor up and I saw his face bleeding. Taylor was also shocked and everyone was watching us. He was about to hit him again when I stepped ahead and stopped him, Ivor was barely conscious.

"Atticus please stop...please" I grabbed his arm tightly, and he looked at me with raging eyes.

"He hurt you," he said.

"Yes, but you don't have to do that. Please leave him" I said, he looked unsure at first but after one look at my bleeding eyes he sighed and left him more like threw him back on the floor hard. Taylor immediately rushed towards him.

"We are not staying here," he said and grabbed my hand. We walked outside by were stopped by Mr. Smith who came with our order. He packed them for us, he must have seen all the ruckus.

"You did well, he deserved that," said Mr. Smith as he gave me our food bag.

"Enjoy," he said and I looked at Atticus he was smirking and nodded to Mr. Smith, I paid the bill which Mr. Smith didn't want to take.

"Let's go," I said as I pulled him outside towards the car, we sat inside and I quietly start driving but I can feel his eyes on me all the way. When I parked the car outside the home, I immediately rushed inside I was angry and upset with him.

I sat on the couch and waited for him as he stepped inside with the food bag.

"Are you angry at me?" He looked so innocent at that moment as if he hasn't done anything an hour ago.

"Yes, and you know that... this is not the way to deal with someone. You can't hurt someone like this" I scolded him as I stood up.

"He hurt you and I didn't like that. No one can hurt you and live" he said with all seriousness.

"Atticus he is nothing to me anymore and don't you think that is enough," I said calmly.

"No," he said stubbornly.

"You didn't even let me do anything to him, it was just a punch," he said so casually, I looked at him with an open mouth.

"You know what I am not talking to you," I said as I crossed my arms and faced away from him. He cleared his throat awkwardly after a moment.

"Uhmm.. are you upset with me now?" He asked.

"Yes," I said and tried to suppress the smile which came on my face at his words.

"I don't know how to.... please don't be upset with me." He said as he looked like a lost kid. Then I realized he don't know how to apologize. I smiled lightly...!

"Then promise me you won't do something like that again," I said as I looked sternly at him.

"No that I can't do if someone will hurt you, I will kill that person and there is no point in arguing about this," he said firmly, I sighed at him. I don't think I can't do anything about this. At least he stopped when I asked him to.

"Okay forget it, let's not make food wait," I said and stood the bag from his hand then I set plates for us on the dining table which he helped me with. I was surprised to see this side of him and I like him, even more, even more when he is like that.

"That's good," he said as he ate the steak.

"It's my favorite restaurant, they made the best food in the town" I praised.

After eating when we were done he said that he will wash the dishes, so I opt to dry them. The whole time I was looking at him when he was done he looked at me, and he smiled.

"I like this side of you" I whispered lightly gazing into his eyes.

"Will you change once we will go back?" I asked a little uncertain. He moved towards me and cupped my cheeks as he smiled lightly.

"This side of mine is only for you and no I will not change. I love you Celeste from the moment I saw you in that forest. I was being an idiot because I was losing my control when I was around you and It made me scared. I was scared of losing control but now I realized as long as you are with me I am not afraid of anything. I thought I had lost you and I don't feel that ever again. I won't say I am perfect but I will try to be perfect for you" he said as he placed a soft kiss.

"I am ready," I told him at which a smile illuminated his face.