chapter 13

Next morning I woke up to an empty room but his scent was still lingering in the room telling me that he was here. I don't understand him he ignores me yet when something happen to me he is always there being my saviour. I thought that he would angry or disappointed in me but nothing of that sort happen instead he said he was proud of me.

He is like a mystery that is yet to be solved. I still don't know what he wants from me or even if he wants me or not...! As Cassandra told me about mate bond and how it's like I was intrigued. I always wanted something like this and now that I have it, it doesn't feel like it's for me. I have seen Cassandra with her mate and how he was so caring towards her and how they were looking at each other with love adoration. I wanted something like that with my mate but I think I am asking too much.

I know it's weird to say that I have some sort of feelings for Alpha but that's true there is some sort of connection I feel with him when he is around and when he is not around I want to see him. It's like there is something that always reminds me of him even though we have only talked twice or thrice. It's crazy right? To get attached to someone so soon even when you know that the other person didn't return those feelings. I was never like that..but what's happening to me now! This whole thing is messing with my sanity.

From the moment I came here I am always belittling myself over one thing or another, I would always find a way to get disappointed in myself. I am always said here, I thought that now my life would be better but guess what this world is also not for me. Do I even belong to anywhere?

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning Luna" Cassandra came in the room with her beaming smile

"Good morning" I greeted back.

"We are having breakfast out today, o cane to fetch you" she said and I was a little sceptical about going out. I don't want to face anyone right now.

"Come on Luna" she said and came towards the window where I was standing. I had already bathed and changed into fresh clothes. I was waiting for Samara, I thought that she would come with the breakfast.

"Can't I eat here?" I asked in a small voice not wanting to be rude. She huffed.

"No you are coming with me, it's time everyone knows you are their Luna especially the witches"

"But Alpha ...." I started but she cut me off.

"He told me to fetch you now let's go" she said as she pulled me with her and I begrudgingly followed her. Alpha told her to fetch me but why?

After walking for about 16 minutes we reached the dining room, she took me to a huge table at one corner. There were so many people sitting here, it was filled to brim and everyone was watching me making me anxious. Once we reach that huge table I saw some familiar faces, Alpha, gamma and that witch Eleanor. Some other people were also sitting around. On head chair was Alpha seated beside him was an empty chair. Rest were on the sides of that huge table.

Cassandra took me to the chair besides Alpha and motioned me to sit saying that it's my chair as I am the Luna. I sat down after greeting a small good morning to everyone which I think they haven't heard. I was sitting on the right side of Alpha, I didn't looked his way but I can feel his gaze on me.

On my right side was Cassandra and beside her was Beta Ruth. On the left side of Alpha was Eleanor who was trying hard to get my mate's attention and I feel a surge of anger in me. She was trying to talk to him about something which he was answering but was looking at me. Besides ever was a man who looked to be a year or two older than me, he has a goofy smile on his face and was looking at me.