chapter 23

Today was the day I will go back to the world where I would be a queen and a Luna. A world which I didn't know even existed a month ago and here I am ready for a new phase of my life. I know that if I leave I won't be able to come back here but what surprises me the most is I don't care even a bit about that.

I woke up in the morning and went to meet both Daryl and Sam before leaving, those are the only two beings who do need a proper goodbye from me. They were there for me when I needed someone.

First I went to Sam's place which was a few blocks away from us. I had to make a lie and I hated lying to her but it was necessary. I told her that I am going to settle in my hometown where grandma is buried which wasn't a complete lie. She said she is happy for me as long as I am happy. I told her that I am giving her the keys to our house knowing very well that she doesn't have a house of her own and is on rent. She was happy but I could sense hesitation too I was good at convincing her that after I am gone she will be shifted to our home.

She is the best choice for our home, I know she will take care of it as her own. Then I went to meet Daryl in a cafe nearby his college. He was in his usual chirpy mood at first but when I told him that I am leaving he was sad.

"Are you leaving because of your boyfriend?"He asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Are you happy with him?" He asked me with seriousness. I nodded again.

"Then you have my blessing" he grinned widely.

"Thank you" I chuckled.

"You won't even contact me like on a call once in a while," he asked.

"I am sorry, I just want to leave this life behind for good" I excused myself. He sighed dramatically then nodded.

"Alright" after that we talked some more and then I was ready to go back. I ordered some cupcakes and doughnuts for Atticus. He must be awake by now.

I parked the car in front of the house and instantly my gaze fell on a raging figure sitting on the stairs to the house. He was looking down and was back in his royal clothes which I washed yesterday.

I held the boxes in my hand and went to him.

"You are awake, I brought breakfast for.." He didn't let me complete and stood up.

"We are leaving," he said without glancing my way.

"What?.. I mean that soon?" I asked and looked sceptical. He is angry but why?

"Are you angry?" I asked.

"No," he said angrily.

"Atticus what happened?" I asked softly at which his eyes fell on me and his anger subsided a little.

"Ì thought you left me" he whispered looking away as if he is ashamed of himself.

"Why would you think that?" I was annoyed a little but I think my leaving has affected him deeply and now he is scared that I would leave the next moment I got tired of him and I am amazed at how easily I can understand him now.

"Do you think I can leave you?" I asked with a sigh. He looked back at me as he gazed into my eyes.

"I am not good enough for you" he took a sharp breath.

"We are not going back there Atticus, you are perfect and I want you and only you. Was it not enough?" I asked him at which a small smile came on his face and he nodded.

"You are mine" he growled lightly as he embraced me tightly barely dodging the boxes which were in my other hand.

"Now let's eat before leaving, you must be hungry," I said, as I was about to move away he sniffed loudly.

"Why are you smelling like a male?" I looked at him and realized it was Alvan.

"Oh that, I went to meet Sam and Daryl, he hugged me so ... " I looked away sheepishly. How can I forget that werewolves are overprotective of their mate, they don't like other males touching their mates.

"You are going to be a death of me, we are going back. We will eat them on our way, I don't think I will be able to control Alvan from ripping that friend of yours out and I know you won't be happy. I glared at him but he only growled lightly

"You won't do such a thing otherwise I will not talk to both of you" I threatened and I saw his face turned down. I went inside leaving him there.

When he came inside he sat at the table and looked annoyed. I tried not to smile, they listened to me! I thought.

I went to my room to fetch some of the things that I want to take with me, they were mostly books and photo albums. I made a little bag and went down to see empty boxes placed on the table. He does have a big appetite but then again they are two persons.

"Do you like them?" I asked him at which he nodded.

"This is for you," he said as he gave me one cupcake, he save me some.

"Thank you" I took it and ate it, and then we went outside towards the car. I said goodbye to my home one last time, and a tear or two fell too.

We drove to the portal in complete silence. He was giving me space and I was happy to have that space.

We stood near the portal after an hour, he was carrying my bag and he said that he didn't like me lifting that heavy thing. He placed his palm on the stone and chanted lightly. As the portal opened he took my hand in his and asked me one last time if I am ready and how can I say no to those eyes. So I smiled and the next moment we were inside.

The first thing I saw was grandma's grave, I took out her ring from the bag and went to her grave. I kneeled in front of it and then put the ring over the top.

"I love you, grandma, I hope you are happy wherever you are" I prayed, and then I sensed him kneeling beside me.

"I came here with my grandma but she died and ..." I stopped as I remembered the moment when she died in my arms. He hugged me and I put my head on his chest as he let me cry.

"You have me now, you are not alone anymore" he whispered lightly and his word held a promise.

"I am going to change into my wolf form so we would reach the Fort at a faster pace," he told me as we both stood up.

He went behind the trees and then after 5 minutes came out as Alvan with his clothes in his snout, I gently patted Alvan's head at which he purred playfully. He licked my hands which made me laugh as they tickled. I picked his clothes from the ground which he threw and put in the bag. He bend down for me to sit on him and when he was sure I am carefully seated he started his journey towards the Fort carefully treading through the trees.