chapter 36

It was all dark around me, everything so dark that for a moment it suffocated me. I was breathing heavily bot asked to bear the darkness in which I was succumbing. I tried to run bit my limbs were frozen. I tried my best not giving up, I have to wake up. I groaned loudly and then I heard voices around me.

"Go, fetch Esther. Luna is waking up" it was Cassandra voice that I can tell and I am so relieved to hear her voice. It means I am waking up. Then I felt her hand on mine.

"Wake up Luna, you have slept for too long now" she said her voice creaking. I slowly opened my eyes and bright light came blinding me for a moment. After few seconds I get used to of it and looked around. My gaze fell on Cassandra and as I predicted she was crying. Her eyes red and a smile grazing her face.

"Oh my God you are awake, I can't believe it" she said as she took me in her arms while I was still lying down on the bed. I looked around the room nothing has changed.

"I..." I started but coughed because of my dry throat. She instantly grab a glass of water for me and help me sit up. My body felt heavy but I ignored it and drank from her hand as my hands were still shaking.

"Luna" a gasp came from the door and I saw Lola trudging towards me with I suppose tears of happiness in her eyes. She embraced me carefully and then my gaze fell on an elder lady, Esther the old witch. She smiled at me and walked towards me.

"You are finally awake, it's not short of a miracle. I thought that you would di..." she stopped as Cassandra glared at her.

"I mean I am happy you are awake luna" she said.

"Are you feeling alright? Any sort of discomfort that you are going through?" She asked to which I shake my head at her. Then I looked at Cassandra who was sitting beside me.

"Where's Atticus?" I asked and upon hearing me she looked away, I looked at Lola she did the same not meeting my gaze. I then looked at Esther who looked uneasy but still looked at me.

"Tell me!" I ordered in my luna voice which I know will work.

"Luna alot has happened since you were... asleep" said Esther uneasily.

"Take me to him!" I said knowing very well where he is. They looked shock at me..

"Luna you can't go there, its dangerous for you and ...." she stopped as she gaze at me stomach. I followed her gaze and looked down. But what I saw shock me to the core, I looked 8 or 9 month pregnant with huge belly now getting why I felt heavy. But it was obly weeks I was away for... not months!

"No that can't be possible.. I was only away for a little while .. and I was few weeks pregnant... and ...no ..." I paused was everything I saw was a dream, something my subconscious mind plots so I can escape the darkness I was in. But it felt so real my parents, grandma everything but ...

"Luna you were gone for 7 months and you 8 month pregnant now" Lola gave me sa sad look.

I shake my head not able to fathom what is being revealed infront of me. My mind seem to be in haze still.

"I have to go" I said as I move to get off the bed only to fall back, Cassandra reach towards me stopping me from falling.

"Careful Luna" said Esther "you are too weak right now, you need rest" she said.

"No I can't they need me, Atticus need me. Please take me to him" I pleaded.

"No Luna.. alpha would kill us" Lola said.

"Do you trust me?" I asked looking at Cassandra who looked thoughtful for a moment but nodded still.

"Then take me to him" I said firmly.