chapter 33

"Mom! Dad!" I said the words so foreign on my tongue yet full of emotions. I felt like a void in my heart fill just by seeing them standing in front of me. Then my mother ran towards me and took me in her arms, we both cried for the time we both were away. They are a complete stranger for me yet I felt an instant connection with them.

I felt warmth around my back as I felt my dad taking both of us in his embrace. I felt his light peck on my head and felt him crying. After a moment we all gather ourselves up and stepped away from each other. I just realized how they have missed everything of me my childhood, my teenage life, my first day at school, my first word everything. I was too little when they left.

"You are so grown up, you were a little baby the last we saw you and now look at you a fine lady" my dad said as he wiped my tears. I smiled at that.

"You shouldn't be here, you are too young to .. di.." she said unable to complete the word. Both of them look happy yet sad at the same time.

"I am not dead..." I sighed.

"Yet!" I added and looked at both of their solemn faces.

"What?" Dad asked with a frown. My grandma took a step forward after giving us much needed space. She then explain everything to them and there was worry on their faces. But then I saw determine on their faces.

"We are happy that we can finally meet you but you have to go back to your life, to your family" my mother placed her hand under my chin softly and said with a determined face.

"And for that we have to start working now, we don't know how you can go back yet but we will help you get ready for what is about to come" she said and I nodded happily happy to have them all along by my side, I don't know if I could do it alone.

"Thank you" I said and they all frowned as If I am saying something absurd.

"We don't say thanks to family" my dad said and I chuckled lightly.

"Got it!" I said.

"Let's go I will show you our home" she said and took me inside with grandma and dad in tow. She showed me her medium sized home that was beautiful and homey.

Then my mom showed me my room that was in the far corner and went to make dinner for us as I freshen up. After changing into a comfortable dress that was white again I went out to see dinner ready and everyone waiting for me at the table. I sat beside grandma with my parents opposite us.

The food was delicious and I could stop smiling. I felt so happy and giddy but there is this nagging feeling in my heart telling me this is all a dream, a beautiful dream that will end soon. Because when I think rationally this is too much to me real. This seems like some dream that I have watched in my childhood when I would see other kids with their parents and I would wish the same by imagining these scenarios with them of how it would be if they were alive and that is how I would see them.

All of us having dinner together like one big happy family but like before when I would wake up it all ends us being a dream, an impossible dream but this time it felt top real too raw that I let myself live the moment until it lasts. I have them infront of me whether it's a dream or not I don't care as long as I have them beside me I am good! Everything is good!
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke up next day I was in the same room where I slept last and I breathed out in relieve. Its not a dream, I am really here with my parents but then again I am sad that Atticus is not here. I don't know what he would be going through without me and Alvan too. I hope they are alright!

I went out and had breakfast with them but then grandma took me out saying we have to work on my powers. We were in the garden and she told me to observe her.

"We are Fae, we all fae have different powers. There are four things that we can control, some even have control on two or three things. We fae are close to the nature the most so the four things that we can control are Earth, Water, Fire and Air. I have a control on earth so I can control plants, soil and everything else that relates to earth." She told me and I sa want but lights up in my mind. That's why she was always so attached with her garden and how they starts wilting when her health decline.

"Now look at me carefully" she said as she stand in the middle of the flowers and then she raised her both hands in air and closed her eyes. Then the next moment I saw all the flowers around is blooming, the roots moving out if the ground and twisting softly around my ankle as I stepped away immediately in fear.

"Wow" I gasped and she opened her eyes with a smile.

"Now it's your turn" she said as she stepped towards me and I saw roots going back in the ground and the ground closes as if it didn't break.

"My turn.. I can't.. I mean there is no way I can do something like that" I said and she chuckled lightly.

"Sweetie you can and you will, that's how will get to know what powers you have. If I am guessing right then you can control more than one thing.

"Uhmm.. okay" I said not believing her but neither doing anything to reprimand her.

"We will start with this" she said as she placed a pot infront of me.

"There's a seed inside it, you have to grow it with your power" she said and I looked wt her with wide eyes.

"Come on, you can do this" she said as she looked at me. I sat down infront of the pot.

"Now close your eyes and only think about the flower that wants to cone out of that seed. Focus your attention on that and let it bloom" she said and I raised my hands mimicking her movement and closed my eyes. I did as she said yes but after trying plenty if times I could make it work. I opened my eyes with a groan.

"I think I can't control it" I sighed sadly and she shakes her head at me.

"You are giving up too soon" she tsked but I just stood back up.

"Maybe" I whispered lightly.

"Come with me" I looked behind me to see my mother standing and looking at me softly. I looked at Grandma as she nodded at me and I followed mom out. She was going towards the forest. We walked side by side talking about random things, I told her about Atticus and my friends. She looked happy when I was telling her about everything.

"I am happy that you met your soulmate and he is everything you deserve" she pressed my hand in her softly and looked relieved.

"Yes he is everything I have ever wanted" I told her. We stopped infront of the lake and I looked around at the beauty of the place.

"Like your grandma told you she has control over earthly materials, I have control over water" she said and stepped back and towards the lake. Then she raised her hand and closed her eyes, a smile illuminating her face. And then it happened a big glob of water moved out of the water and towards me, it was like a huge cloud that stood above my head as some droplets sprinkle over me. I watched in awe as she opened her eyes and then moved it back towards the lake and it fell back.

"You guys are amazing" I said and she smiled at me.

"Now your turn" she said raising a brow at me. I groaned Internally lnkwing I can't do this either.

"Fine" I sighed and repeated the same as she did but nothing happens when I opened my eyes nothing moved. I pouted and looked down.

"I can't do it" I said.

She stepped towards me and took my face in her hands. She looked too young as if she is few years older than me Maybe because when she died she was a young women even my dad looked so young. They both were young when they died, they had to much to live for but Cyrus snatched it from them!

"If you will think that you can't do it you will never be able to do it. You have to trust your self, you should have a firm believe in yourself only them will you be able to do it." She explained to me gently.

"It's too late we should head back home, your dad and grandma would be worried about us" she laughed lightly and I nodded. The way back to home my mind was reeling around what she said. If I have to kill Cyrus I had to trust myself. They believe in me that I can do this so will I. I can do this, I can!