chapter 29

A month passed and many things changed, Atticus is busy with the upcoming war these days. Cyrus, the Vampire King has waged a war against us and it has made everyone alarmed and antsy.

The warriors are paying more attention to their training, even Witches are also going to take part in the war. The only person who isn't doing anything is me, just because I am not strong enough. At first, I was disappointed in myself but then I give myself the important task of proving Eleanor innocent.

Cassandra and Lola are helping me with that but it seems like the culprit who had framed her is far smarter than us. We can't seem to find that person but we had concluded that it's one of a witch because Eleanor said so.

I wanted to take Emerald's help but then chickened out n fear that she would tell Atticus and he would stop me. He still loves me the same way and would find time for me in his busy day which made me so happy and lucky to have him. He would have all of his meals with me apart from lunch which he spend in his office or training warriors, I have seen him tensed and a little worried too.

His face is covered in frown most of the time apart from the time which he spends with me and I know for a fact he does that so that I won't worry about him.

Knowing the extent of Cyrus's power I am scared too, there is no doubt werewolves and Witches are powerful but we are far less in number than them, he has demons along with him who are known to be evil.

But I believe in him and our people, they are far stronger. We will win this war that I know. I have this feeling that everything will be alright but there is another problem that is bothering me with each passing day. I was ignoring it at the start but now it gets to the point where it's impossible to ignore it.

My dreams at first were normal, the same ones which I would see back home, but now they have turned into nightmares. Often I would wake up panting and screaming but fortunately, Atticus is not there at that time, he would be out or in his office. I don't want him to worry about me too when I know that he has so much more to deal with right now.

I am also feeling so tired and pale these days as if I am sick which Atticus has also noticed and when he told me to see the healer I shrugged it away by saying that it's nothing but we both know there is something wrong with me. I succeeded enough to stray his attention away from my health which is declining day by day and I don't know the reason. I even went to the healer secretly but she also didn't know what was happening to me. But In my heart I know what is happening to me, I have seen it in my dream. And I know now my dreams carry hidden meanings.

The dreams are mostly about that same place with an orange sky, but now they end up with me being covered in blood or as if someone is running behind me to kill me. I tried to read some books on dreams which Cassandra found for me but I haven't found my answers.

I have started staying in my room for most of the day even ignoring Atticus. I would pretend to sleep when he comes into the room at night or would walk up late so he won't see me. I have been doing this for three days but now he is catching on. So when I was in the bathroom taking a bath in the afternoon he was waiting for me outside sitting on the bed with both his hands on his knees and his head down.

I gasped in surprise when I saw him in front of me which caught his attention as he looks up at me with a small smile but that smile vanishes when he looked at my pale face. I have lost a lot of weight in these past few days.

He stood instantly and take a few steps towards me. When he was close enough his frown deepened. He palmed my face in his strong hand but gently.

"What happened? Why are you so pale?" He asked me.

"You are going with me and I am not hearing a no" he got angry but I can see the concern on his face too.

He took my hand and pulled me with him but I stopped. He looked back at me with a frown.

"What.." I cut him off.

"I went to see the healer already," I told him, I feel like he deserves the truth even though I will only tell him the half-truth.

"What did she say then and why didn't you tell me about it?" He was frowning at me.

"It may be because I am in a different world and it is not suitable for me. I am a human Atticus and I think this world is not for me" I said tiredly, I couldn't even get a few words out of my mouth without tiring myself.

He looked worried and deep in thought, and then he cast his gaze at me. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"You are lying to me!" He stated. I sighed and cursed myself for forgetting that he would know what was going on in my mind. I was too tired that for a minute I let the barrier down he seems to detect my lie. I instantly pull up the walls. He looked mad at me.

"Tell me Celeste" his voice was firm and he was using my name instead of saying mate with what he mostly calls me.

"Atticus I am fine, I will be alright in a few days once I will get used to the atmosphere here. Don't worry about me, there are far more important things around us that need your attention.." I tried to explain to him.

"Nothing! Nothing is more important than you Mate" he growled lowly. I sighed and went to sit down on the bed not being able to stand for long. Why is this happening to me?

He followed me to the bed and kneeled in front of me. He held my hands gently and looked at me with so much worry.

"I know Atticus but I am fine, trust me. Why would I lie to you? If you don't believe me you can ask the healer yourself" I said and praying in my heart that he won't ask her. Otherwise, he will be more worried.

"Does she say you will be alright in a few days?" He asked me with hopeful eyes and I nod at him with a small convincing smile.

"Yes, she said I just need some rest," I told him and he sighed at that.

"Alright I believe you but I'd you won't feel good you will tell me," he told me and I nod.

"Okay," he kissed my forehead and stood up.

"Let's have lunch together," he said and pulled me up as he takes me out of the room but we didn't go downstairs, he took me towards the kitchen in our wing. Two plates were placed on the counter and I saw Rose standing with them. When she saw us she greeted us and looked down in respect. I greeted her back with a small smile but she didn't return the smile.

When she looked at me she gulped in fear but that fear only last for a moment as her expression turned serious. I sat down on the chair with the help of Atticus who took a seat beside me. I looked back at Rose she looked worried as she glance at our plates.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Uhmm Luna this is Alpha's food, it's less spicy. Yours is the spicy one" she said as she looked at Atticus's plate stopping when he was about to eat it. Everyone knows that Atticus can't eat spicy food but when I look at her there was something more in her eyes. I smiled sadly at her and swap the plates with Atticus.

He smiled at me but before eating himself he gave me the first bite of his food, it's something he always does. When I asked him why he does that, he said that it makes him feel good. I thanked him as I chewed the food and went back to eat mine. Rose gave me a worried glance before leaving.

We talked a little while eating, and he told me about the preparations for war and how our warriors and Witches are giving their hundred per cent in the training and how he is hopeful that they will win. I calmly listen to him and praised him for being calm and collected even this time. He is strong that I know, there is no doubt in my mind that he will lose. The only thing that can make him lose is .... me!

After lunch, he went out not before telling me that he will come before dinner to spend some time with me. I still sat on the chair waiting for Rose to come and fetch our empty plates.

When she saw me still sitting in the place where she left me she was shocked but the overcame it. I closely followed her movements and I saw her trembling in fear. I smiled sadly.

"Why?" I asked sadly, she looked up at me with confusion so for her sake I explained.

"Why are you poisoning me?" I asked her and at that, her eyes widen in fear.