Gimpse of Us (part 2!)

"Spencer, there's nothing to talk about," you said, finally reaching the bottom step and onto the sidewalk. You then turned to face him, he was still stood at the top of the stone stairs with his hands tucked into his pockets.

He looked at you for a moment, eyebrows furrowed before he slowly began to walk down the steps. You were still stood at the very bottom, and when he reached you, you took another step back so you weren't chest to chest.

The wind blew your hair to the side, a few strand's blowing across your face. With one hand still holding your dress slightly above your ankle, you used the other hand to push the hair out of your face.

"Why aren't you wearing a jacket? It's November." Spencer said, his voice was low and serious for such a trivial comment.

"I assume my jacket, or lack thereof, isn't the reason you followed me out here Spencer. I already told you that there isn't anything to discuss." You said, your head tilted slightly as you looked up at him.

The dim orange glow of the street lights illuminated his skin, complimenting the shades of brown and green of his eyes. His jawline was sharp and sculpted, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as if he was thinking of what to say.

"It isn't what it looks like, in there," Spencer said and motioned at the entrance with his hand.

"Spence we've been split up for four months. You brought a date. It isn't exactly groundbreaking," you said to him and then tried to wave down a taxi.

Before you could wave the taxi down, Spencer's long fingers wrapped around your arm and pulled it down gently to stop you getting a cabs attention, softly moving you back to face him. If goosebumps weren't already on your arms from the bitter air, they most certainly were now from Spencer's electrifying touch. He didn't loosen his grip, in fact he pulled you closer towards him. The warmth from his body emitted and enveloped you, he smelt intoxicating and you could feel the softness of his breath fanning your face.

You looked at him, this time not breaking the gaze, your eyes locked on his as he slowly took off his suit jacket. He then draped it across your shoulders, the tip of his fingers grazing across your cold skin. His jacket was like a blanket of safety, it smelt like him and you wanted to hold onto it forever.

"Spencer," you breathed out quietly, turning your head slightly and breaking the eye contact.

"Your date is inside. You should go." You said, taking a step back from him, you had to keep your guard up. If you didn't, both of you would end up hurt again. It ended because it didn't work, the schedules were too hard and you were drifting away from one another. How would this be any different?
Especially considering he was moving on already.

"I can't go," Spencer said, tucking his hands back into his pockets, watching as you stepped away and he kept your boundary.

"I can't...act like you're not here. Act like I didn't see you. Act like I don't want it to be you I'm dancing with in there," Spencer said and you were taken aback by his truthfulness.

"It can't be me anymore Spencer," you whispered quietly, suddenly feeling really quite guilty for his date being in there alone, not knowing Spencer was out here pouring his heart to his ex girlfriend. She deserved a better date than that.

"Why not?" Spencer said and finally closed the gap between the two of you again, his gentle fingers pushing some hair back from your face, grazing delicately against your cheekbone.

"I want it to be you. I need it to be you. In there, every time I closed my eyes all I could see was you. All I could feel was you. Trust me, it would be a hell of a lot easier if I could have one date without finding a glimpse of us." Spencer said, his voice softer with each word as his head lowered towards yours.

"Thats all it is. One date. And you are a lifetime." Spencer muttered, lip's dangerously close to brushing against yours.

"But we broke up for a reason, we..." you trailed off, completely enamoured by him, staring at his eyes as you lost your words.

"We are worth fighting for." Spencer finished your sentence, even if that wasn't what you was going to say.

He leaned in closer and closer, this time you didn't stop him or pull away. This time, you let it happen.

Within seconds his lips were against yours, one of his large hands moving to grabbing the back of your neck to pull you in closer while the other went to your waist.
While one of your hands still held the jacket firm on your shoulders, your other hand pressed to his chest and gently gripped his shirt to pull him in closer.

"You better go and tell your date you're an asshole." You whispered against his lips before pulling away.

Spencer chuckled softly before he slowly released his grasp on you.

"I am, aren't I?" He questioned and you nodded confidently in response.

"I...will be right back. Don't, don't go anywhere. We have a long night ahead of us." Spencer said and bounced up the stone steps again back towards the entrance.

"A lot of talking to do." You called out after him, raising your eyebrows a little. That man would be very, very delusional if he thought getting back together after four months was as easy as that. There were still things to work through, but you knew, you actually wanted to try this tome.

"I didn't think we'd be doing much talking," Spencer quipped as he headed back inside, smiling to himself and not waiting around to hear your response.

You rolled your eyes and smiled to yourself, shaking your head as you nuzzled into the jacket he had draped over your shoulders. You missed the comfort of his clothes, of him.

You looked around, a feeling bubbling in your chest that you had missed for the past four months. You took a deep breath and tried not to smile stupidly, knowing there was still a lot of effort that had to go into making it work.

After a few moments, Spencer came out and practically skipped down the steps, reaching you again. He then held his hand out to you, and you took it curiously.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"Nowhere." Spencer shrugged.

"Nowhere? Then what are we doing?" You said as he pulled you to an empty spot on the sidewalk beneath a streetlight.

He pulled you close to him, leaning down towards your ear, his warm breath tickling your skin as he began to sway you side to side.

"Dancing." He whispered.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The end.

Hope you enjoyed!