Elevator kisses

Prompt- Reader and Spencer work together and strongly dislike one another, however get stuck in an elevator together for a little while, resulting in something unexpected.

You started at the BAU almost ten months ago, and for an unknown reason, Dr.Reid didn't take much of a liking towards you. Maybe it was intimidation, you were very clever and had various degrees as well as a PhD.

Maybe you were not completely on par with Dr.Reid, however just enough to make him feel threatened. Especially when with the rest of the BAU team, when he wasn't the one who cracked the case. He always found a way to make a dig at you, a way to undermine you or correct your factual statistics. You called him immature for it.

A case had just been solved, yet, of course Reid butted in with his stupid facts and ideas and solved it, before you could even say what you wanted to and have your own say.

You felt the rage coursing through your veins as you stormed down to the elevator, feeling undermined and irritated at his child-like behaviour. It almost felt as if he did it to purposely tick you off. Truth be told, you didn't know why he had such an effect on you, why he made your blood boil so much.

You hit the button a little too forcefully, your arms folded across your chest, facial expression resembling thunder. Your brows had furrowed by this point, looking around. When the doors of the elevator open, you were quick to step inside. As the doors begin closing, you saw the familiar, lanky doctor running to the lift.

His hair fell over his eyes slightly, of which he he kept pushing back with his long fingers. His sweater vest bunched a little as he jogged, holding his satchel. Just before the doors closed, he hit the button and re-opened the doors.

A sigh parted through your lips as he stepped in, causing you to roll your eyes and step backwards. Your eyes drifted over to him as he fixed his tie and the sleeves of his brown, thick coat. God, even that irritated you. As you attempted to stay silent for the short journey of the elevator, it was soon disrupted when he started speaking.

"It's rude to roll your eyes," he said, which caused you to let out a bitter laugh.

"Whatever, Reid," you mumbled.

"Dr.Reid," he corrected and you turned your head to look at him, narrowing your eyes a little.

"Oh please give it a rest. You haven't shown be any respect for the past ten months, why should I give you any now?" You retaliated, raising a brow expectantly.

"Hey-" he began to defend but was cut off by the loud sound of the elevator stopping, it created a loud thud, followed by a creak as it suddenly stopped and the lights went out all apart from a dim emergency bulb in the corner.

"You have to be joking me," you grumbled, batting your hand against the emergency button but no sound was emitted at all.

Defeatedly, you pressed your back to the wall of the elevator before you had cast your gaze over to Reid. Nervously, his slender fingers fumbled and loosened his tie before brushing out the creases of his sweater vest.

"Not again," he said, panicked laced within his words.

"Why, doctor, are you scared?" You laughed, pursing your lips to suppress it a little as he looked like a lost puppy, his eyes a little wide and his words being spoken much quicker.

"There are 27 elevator deaths annually." He breathed out and tilted his head backwards against the wall of the elevator, swallowing a lump that had formed in his throat.

You almost felt bad for Reid, but your didn't allow that to become readable on your facial expressions.

"We will be out of here in no time." You assured, which resulted in his head turning to you and slightly downwards due to the height difference between the both of you, as he was 6'1 and you stood at (your height) with the heels you had on now.