Misunderstanding

You narrowed your eyes at the smart Doctor from across the rounded table, before you folded your arms over your chest and huffed like a child.

"Oh, please," He stated, sighing. "I did not steal your thunder," He proclaimed before he leant backwards on his chair and gave Morgan a certain look. That only irritated you further and you puffed out your chest for a moment, before the palms of your hands met the desk.

"You did so! I had facts, and ideologies. I had all of the information for this case put together, every single thing. But before I could even conclude, you swooped in and said exactly what I was going to. So of course, the favourable Doctor Spencer Reid got all of the praise. You hate competition." You had said, breathless by the end of your speech.

"You're overreacting. We all get an equal say in this team, you can't always have your way. I had to speak up. I don't see anyone on this team as competition." He said. His voice didn't raise, it held no trace of anger or frustration. Neutral.

"Fine. I'm going home," You finally grumbled, stood up from your chair before you stalked out of the room, you bag clutched in your hand, distressed from the events that had happened that day.

You returned home about thirty minutes after that encounter. That is when it began to dawn on you that maybe you did overreact. Yes, it was all of your information and you should have been able to give a conclusion, however, Reid was right. Everyone has an equal say on the team and can speak up whenever they wished to. Hell, that team practically functions on cutting one another off to express an array of ideas. The most important thing is that the case was solved, not who solved it.

It had been a tough day and you were distressed, anything would have gotten to you and caused you to snap by that point. So, you decided you would apologise to Reid and the rest of the team tomorrow morning.

The next morning.

You headed to work the next day, running 10 minutes late as you shuffled in. Two cup holders in both hands withholding everyone on the team's favourite drinks, and a box of doughnuts resting atop your bag. You walked to the elevator, relieved when you had finally reached the right floor.

You stumbled a little towards the room where you could see Morgan and Reid stood by the counter, talking. You stopped by the door, setting the drinks on the nearby table before you took the box of Reid's favourite doughnuts from your bag and held it in your hand.

You parted your lips to speak up and make them both aware of your presence, but closed your lips again when Reid mentioned your name.

"I'm telling you, Morgan, she's a nightmare. I don't want to work with her, she wants to be the best all of the time," He spoke, and your heart dropped a little.

"Reid, now you're the one overreacting. I'm sure she was just stressed, we all were." Morgan defended, but it didn't stop Reid speaking once more.

"I'm not overreacting, I'm serious. She's irritating anyways. I thought I rambled a lot until she joined the team, I can't do anything without hearing her voice. It isn't that I hate her. I'm just not necessarily excited about her existence. That's all." He stated.

"Reid, you are seriously-" Morgan began but you quickly piped up, acting as if nothing had happened, though your confidence was practically shattered.

"Hey guys," You said with a small smile, though you didn't want to speak too loud and irritate Reid.

Both of their heads snapped towards you and they said your name simultaneously.

"Hey," Morgan said and you smiled, making them think you didn't hear. Well, partially.