Hurt

Requested. - Reader is currently in a bad, unhealthy relationship and turns to Spencer for help as she is scared that she will get hurt again, however both the reader and Spencer had been in love all along.

The situation between both you and Spencer was fairly complicated. The two of you had been friends for many years, enough for you to have developed a crush on Spencer. For about two years you had liked Spencer, you may have even been in love with him, however you admitted that to neither Spencer or yourself.

You felt as if you couldn't lose him as a friend, you figured keeping him that way, was much better than not having him at all. So, you stayed quiet.

That was one of your biggest regrets. If you had said something, maybe things would be different.

You were now in a relationship with a man named Jaxon, and had been for the past six months. You were in Jaxon's apartment, curled up on the leather couch with a knitted blanket draped over your shoulders, looking at the clock as you waited for Jaxon to return, feeling the anxiety as it rose in your chest.

As you sat there silently, you found yourself lost in your thoughts, thinking about what had happened two months ago, when it became apparent you did have feelings for Spencer. He had finally realised, but it was too late for him to act upon it.

Flashback.

You sat with Spencer in his living room, laughing as you held his arm, watching as he tried to demonstrate some sort of 'physics magic'. He laughed, telling you to be quiet and watch what he was about to show you.

A few minutes later, you erupted into a fit of giggles at the failure of the experiment he claimed to have done in the bullpen one-hundred times.

"Yeah, right," You smirked with a raised brow, looking at him as you leaned back against his couch, ignoring his glare.

"You messed with the ingredients," He accused, leaning back so he was facing you properly.

"I did not!" You defended with a gasp, shaking your head as he laughed, staring at you for a few moments with a tilted head.

Within a few moments, he had leaned forward so his lips were barely grazing across yours. You could feel yourself  beginning to get lost in the moment, however, you snapped back to reality and before his lips even got the chance to make contact with yours, you hastily pulled back, shooting up urgently from the couch with wide eyes.

"What are you doing?" You asked, moving some of your red hair back from your face in distress as Spencer ran his hands lightly over his face, before he pushed himself up from the couch, making you lose your height.

"I don't know. Well, I do know, I was about to kiss you but I don't really know why," He rambled as you paced around the room.

"You couldn't do this before I was with Jaxon? Why now, Spencer? What were you thinking?" You panicked.

"I was thinking that we..." He began, but you couldn't bear to hear the end of his sentence, which you had always wanted to hear from Spencer's lips, however now you couldn't handle it. It was too late.

"No, Spencer! It's...it's too late. You left it too late to do anything about it. You had two years!" You said as you grabbed your coat, pulling on your shoes.

"Wait, Gracie," He pleaded and followed you to the door. "I know I left it too late, during that time I wasn't ready," He excused.

"Well, now I'm not ready. And I don't think I'll be waiting around for you again. Not again. It's too late, Spencer." You finalised as you swung open the door of his apartment, rushing out and down the stairs, ignoring him calling your name as you ran to your car and clambered into your car.