Amends

Part 2 to Misunderstanding.

A few days had passed, and you were successful in avoiding Reid. Whenever you ended up alone with Reid, you wouldn't speak. Not only did you feel too embarrassed to speak to him, you were still offended by what he had said and convinced yourself that it wasn't misunderstood. He said what he said and you were not yet prepared to speak to the person, who you also hate to say you have a small crush on, who said all of those things about you. It was difficult. After all, he was a colleague whom you needed to communicate with to solve cases. But friends like the rest of the team? Certainly not.

You stayed fairly quiet, with Reid's words still lingering in your brain. You hated to admit that it affected you, as you were always too proud to let it, but when a genius says something like that, it's hard to shake off. You didn't speak much within the team. You shared ideas rarely verbally, most of the time you would just make notes. Reid felt worst than ever about the situation, wishing he could just explain to you the full story, not only to defend himself but to elaborate on a few more things, too.

Present.

You walked through the airport within the team, and within moments you were out again and getting into the cars to go to the hotel. It was at least three a.m., and you were exhausted from the flight as one everybody else. You could tell because Reid's eyes were a little droopy and his hair fell messily over his forehead, but he didn't bother to move it out of the way.

As you sat in the car with Derek Morgan to your right, you looked out of the window and admired the bright streets of San Francisco, your eyes trailing over the lampposts and the various buildings that still looked so vibrant and lively, despite the time. It's like the city never sleeps.

You sighed, slowly drifting back into reality when you felt the car come to a slow stop outside of a hotel you and the team would reside in for a few days until the case was solved. You stepped out of the car, grabbed your bag and walked to the lobby with everybody else. Everyone stood in the lobby together, in a small circle as rooms were being discussed.

"I am not sleeping with Reid," Morgan was quick to say, making Reid huff.

After a few moments, it was agreed.

Hotch and Rossi in a room with two single beds, Prentiss and JJ in a room with a double bed, and Morgan and Garcia in a room with a double bed (as Garcia came on this case). Of course. that left you and Reid in the last room which was, thankfully, two single beds. You protested, but it wasn't worth much. It was set in stone.

So, with furrowed brows and a frown evident on your lips, you stepped into the elevator with Reid as the other strolled towards the others. You didn't speak a word, kept your gaze on the floor. The situation was now taking a toll on Reid as he was desperate to speak to you about the 'misunderstanding.'

By this point you were fully aware that you could not circumvent the conversation for much longer as the both of you were to share a room for the night. As you walked into the hotel room, you discarded your bag and left it lingering at the corner of the room while you slipped off your coat and your shoes. From the shuffling sounds behind you, you could hear him doing the same thing. It doesn't help that he wraps himself up in fifty layers at least, and you were in California now for heavens sakes. Of course, you couldn't help but find it cute. You hated that. You hated him. Well, you wanted to, you tried to. You had failed miserably, however it didn't mean that you were going to let slip what he had said about you.

After a few moments of being in the room, you heard Reid pipe up.

"Can we talk?" He questioned, though it was stupid, of course you were going to. Whether it was now or the next few nights the two of you were to share a room.