Can't help falling in love

You had been best friends with Spencer for almost six years now. Ever since you began working with the BAU, you two became inseparable, of course beginning with an obsession for the same books and your need for coffee 24/7. You both quickly became friends, and then to best friends, to the point where you can't even imagine a day where you won't speak to him at least once. You had began developing feelings for Spencer two years into the friendship, you guessed it was inevitable for someone like him.

He was so sweet, caring, intelligent, and even a little awkward. He was everything, and he has much more to offer than he believes he does.

You remembered when you realised you had fallen in love with Spencer. It was at JJ's wedding, he offered his hand to dance, so of course you took his hand.

He held you so close to him, you felt as if nothing could ever hurt you, so closed off from the world and lost in your own. The memory of feeling his breath against your ear still gave you shivers, when he held your back and you both just swayed. He was not much of a dancer, but that just added into the significance of that moment.

You were too much of a chicken to ever admit it, of course. Not only may you have to face the cruel reality of rejection, you would lose your best friend, your favourite person in the whole word. You knew you would never be able to bear it.

You remembered as clear as day when he told you he was in love with Maeve, you remembered the feeling of your own heart shattering in your chest at the thought of him having the feelings that you have for him, for somebody else.

When Maeve died, Spencer's heartbreak almost felt as your own. Knowing he was broken was the worst emotion, and you were confident that you could never make him feel happy after that.

However time passed, and Spencer has returned to his usual self, but of course, he never gave himself the opportunity to fall in love again.

The idea of never being able to compare to Maeve, never being able to make him as happy as she did, gave you another excuse to never confess your feelings.

You would just continue to live in your own little bubble, and have Spencer as your best friend. That should work.

-- You walked through the doors of the office, seeing everyone around the table, prepared to discuss a new case. You took a seat by JJ, brushing your hand over your burgundy blazer. It complemented your burgundy slacks, and the black blouse you had tucked in, followed by black heels.

You flashed JJ a soft smile, before opening up the files as well as everybody else.

Garcia wasted no time in explaining the case the team had been met with, all of you had spent an hour discussing all of the possible scenarios, with of course Spencer leading the way most of the time.

You couldn't help but stare at him as he speaks, the clever possibilities and facts rolled off of his tongue so smoothly and quickly, parting through his pink lips, which made you blush like a school girl.

You snapped out of your thoughts and back to reality, a deeper blush spreading across your cheeks when you noticed Penelope had seen you staring.

She was the only one who knew about your feelings for Spencer, though you wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the team knew by now.

On the break, you followed Penelope into her little office, sitting down on her spare chair, oh knew for a fact she would start questioning.

"How bad is it?" She asked, looking at you with an expectant stare.

"So bad," You admitted in a grumble and threw your head backwards for a moment, your silky hair cascading down your back as you did.

"I can tell," she stated confidently, however you could hear the sincerity in her voice when she spoke to you.