Poetry

Requested. Reid x Reader share a kiss and get caught.

The BAU had called you to fly into Virginia from Oxfordshire, England. You had an English Literature degree and worked in different Universities all around the world, specialising in poetry. You were a poet yourself, actually, meaning you could skilfully analyse poetry symbolism and subliminal messages within pieces of poetry.

Back to why the BAU called you. According to the stern man on the other end of the phone, there is an 'unsub' committing multiple murders all throughout Arizona. However, after each killing, the unsub left confusing poems in the victim's hands.

To speed up the process of finding the unsub, they had called you to help them figure out the meanings behind the poems and the motive.

You walked through the corridors of the building, your black slacks and burgundy blouse hugging around your curvaceous figure.

You eventually walked into the room surrounded by glass where the members of the BAU sat.

"Excuse me?" You questioned politely. "Is Aaron Hotchner here?" You asked.

This lead to a tall man with dark hair standing up, a serious look across his older features.

"That's me. You must be Hannah. It's a pleasure to finally meet you," He said as you walked over, shaking his hand.

"This is my team," He said and gestured.

"JJ, Morgan. Prentiss, Garcia, Rossi and Dr. Reid," He said as you flashed a bright smile and nodded at them all.

"This is Hannah. She has a degree in English Literature and is a poet herself, specialising in that category, we think she will be a lot of help to this case." He explained as they all smiled and kindly greeted you while you took a seat.

You couldn't help but notice and become flustered at the sight of Dr. Reid, almost feeling a little childish for being thrown off course due to his looks.

You cleared your throat before nodding, looking down at your tablet Hotch had given to you, reading over the poems that had been photographed. You narrowed your eyes a little, biting down on your lower lip as you comprehended the words.

"We've figured out that the killer is sadistic, he gets off on leaving people confused and terrified. He is almost mocking us, suggesting we are taking too long to find him as he has the time to stop and write poems," Morgan spoke and you nodded your head.

"Right, I can figure this out if I know more about his personality and his M.O," you said.

"Oh, well we have managed to figured that out. This killer wants to be famous. It isn't much so as a sexual release, more of a...amusement of being a well known murderer. One of the most famous." He muttered before quickly grabbing a file.

T.S Elliot once said 'Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.' So what is he escaping from?" Reid furrowed his brows.

"Not being known. Being isolated. These poems aren't describing the victims he wants to kill. He's describing himself. This is why he's killing. It's all in the poetry." You corrected.

Within moments, Garcia was rushing to her office to do whatever research she does, to do what she's best at.

"Hannah, Reid, you two stay here and analyse the unsub. We're going to send out a message," Hotch said as him, Prentiss, JJ, Morgan and  Rossi leave the room with their files and tablets in hand, ready to give out a profile.