Kiss and Make-Up

This is just a brief conclusion to my last one shot, my other one shots will be much longer and more eventful. Send in any requests if you wish.

After battling yourself with multiple thoughts, you ended up falling into a very light slumber, curled up into a tiny fraction of yours and Spencer's bed, shrouded by the thick duvet.

You heard the door open and close at 4am, and you already knew who it was. You briskly turned your position around on the bed and faced the wall, because you knew for a fact that your cheeks were rosy and stained by tear tracks, your eyes bloodshot and puffy.

You pushed some of your hair back from your dampened cheeks while you hid yourself in the array of pillows, dreading to think of what type of mood he is in now.

Spencer trudged into the dimly lit bedroom, closing the door quietly behind him. His brown eyes scanned and scrutinised the room, noticing you curled up into a small ball before he saw the pile of paperwork stacked up into the bin beside the bed, making him furrow his eyebrows.

You finally dared yourself to look at him, the lamp on the bedside table was providing a dim, orange light to illuminate his features, however, this time you see he looked guilty.

He looked so sad, like a puppy. You hated that look. That look broke your heart, however the words he said earlier were still running around your mind.

He slowly picked up the paper, seeing all of the journalism work you had been trying on for months to perfect in hopes of getting a better job. He ran his fingertips over the paper and sighed deeply, closing his eyes for just a few moments.

He moved his hair back, eventually setting the paper aside. Wearing still his work clothes, consisting of slacks, a shirt, a tie and a sweater vest, he sank his lanky frame down into the mattress beside you.

You sheepishly looked up when you hear his usual, tender voice calling your name.

Your bloodshot eyes met his soft, brown ones when he scooted himself closer. You could now feel his large, comforting hand gently pressed against the side of your face, his thumb brushing over your cheekbone.

"I didn't mean what I said," he murmured.

"No, you did," You sniffled with a weakened smile, wiping your eyes.

"But it's okay. You made me realise, really. There's no point in trying with a dead end career. I'll try to find something I can do better," You continued, shrugging your shoulders.

"No, no," he sighed and leant down, pressing his soft lips against the soft skin on your shoulder a few times.

"Spencer stop," You tried to say, but he snaked his arms around you to pull you closer into his firm chest.

"I spoke to Derek, he said this happened with him and Savannah around this time in their relationship and they managed to work through it. Did you know that-" he began and you couldn't help but cover his mouth with a hand for a moment, looking up at him.

You then slowly moved your hand down, looking down again, you couldn't meet his eyes.

You fluttered your eyes closed when you feel him lean down, his lips were against your ear, causing you to feel warm and tingly.

"I have always believed you would be such an amazing journalist," he murmured, trying to make up for what he said to you.

"Ever since I saw you sat at the very back of the library that day. It was eleven p.m, you were by the very back window and you were wearing a big Christmas sweater, and that coat with your scarf," he chuckle before he continued.

"I remembered perfectly because all of the lights from outside where shining in on you, bathing you in colourful light and making you glow." He finished, his thumb still grazing your damp, crimson-coloured cheek.

You could't refrain the small smile that etched across your lips when you thought of the day.

He had longer hair then, and he kept brushing it back from his face with his fingers before he fixed the strap of his satchel, he also constantly brushed down his sweater vest. He was so nervous.

Your mother always told you that if a boy doesn't get nervous around you, then he isn't the one.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard Spencer's voice fill the silence of the room again, yet you always thought how much he spoke was quite soothing.

"Ever since we became official I made a vow to myself I would never hurt you, never treat you in the way I had seen my mom so hurt by my dad," he mumbled to you, dropping his gaze.

He then continued.

"I haven't heard from my mom in a while, I'm worried," he admitted to you, confirming why he had acted so differently earlier.

"Spence, you could have told me," You whispered and gently pressed your forehead to his.

He shook his head, making it clear he wasn't ready to talk about it just yet, which you fully understood and accepted.

"I never meant what I said." He repeated himself, looking at you with those damn puppy dog eyes.

"I know," You finally murmured and moved closer to him, feeling warmer already.

He leant his head down, kissing your cheek as his hand set upon the back of your head. You tilted your head, capturing your lips with his a few times, making him smile.

You giggled softly, the tip of your nose lightly bumping across his before you felt the sensation of his lips against yours again.

You continued to return the small kisses planted against your lips every second, before humming in content when his lips made contact with your forehead.

"I'm going to spend so much more time with you," he stated with confidence.

"Derek really did give you a good talk, didn't he?" You teased, looking at him with an adoring grin.

A nervous smile spread across his face, making you laugh and pinch his cheek in response.

"Yeah, he did." He said and presses his cheek against the pillow, making his cheeks lightly squish together.

"Good," You yawned and rubbed your tires, red eyes.

With comfort, you nuzzled your face into the crook of his neck, finally feeling more content and appreciated in this moment. Everything had fallen into place again. You was supported in your job, Spencer was going to spend more time with you and the both of you had just resolved any issues you two had just there.

Though Spencer was still in his work clothing, he didn't move an inch. With his arms enclosed around you, you melted into his touch and began falling asleep.

"I love you." His soft whisper filled the room and you sank even more so into his touch, exhaling in relaxation and relief.

"I know you do, pretty boy. Now let me sleep." You muttered with a sleepy smirk. "Oh, and I love you." You quickly added, resulting in his laughter.

And just by that pure sound, you fell asleep instantly in his warmth.

Sorry it wasn't much, just felt like my last one shot needed this conclusion. My next one shot is going to be long and full of detail! Thank you for reading.