Library dates and café kisses

A short, fluffy one shot to prepare you for the upcoming, multi chapter angst fic coming soon! Enjoy and hopefully you won't hate me as much for what's going to happen in the next one shot.

You and Spencer had been friends for a while. You both shared a love for books, TV shows, literature and everything falling under similar categories. You didn't work with the FBI, you were actually a lecturer at Universities regarding literature, of course. You had met Spencer at one of the most famous libraries in Virginia. Library of the Marine Corps. It would be an understatement to say you were impressed by the fact that he worked within the FBI.

Actually, the both of you met by getting into a slight tiff of wanting the same book, however much to your dismay, he outwitted you. After that day, you had frequently met up in the library to discuss books together and trade your favourites.

It would be a little white lie to say you hadn't developed a small crush on the doctor, as he was unbelievably cute. By 'cute', you didn't mean the high school girl twist on the word 'hot'. You meant cute. He was adorable and sweet. It was nothing major, of course. A crush. The warm sentiment made you feel like you weren't twenty seven and you were in fact thirteen.

It was currently 7pm and you were walking to the library to meet Spencer, he probably had a tough case and literature always calmed him.

You shuffled through the snow, your boots pushing through the thick layer of crystal snow which shrouded the ground. Light snowflakes continued to fall from the dim, cloudy yet slightly starry, night sky. Each flake danced around you and delicately landed in the soft curls of your hair as well as on your dark lashes.

You had tightened your beige coat around your frame by now, lightly grasping the strap of your bag which held a few books you had brought.

Soon enough, you had pushed open the heavy wooden doors of the library and walked inside, your boots making noise on the marble floor. Within just a few moments, your eyes were met by a pair of warm, brown eyes. Spencer was sat there, with his usual attire fitted which consisted of a shirt, a tie, a sweater vest and trousers, complemented by heavy brown coat and a scarf overtop.

"Hey genius," You grinned, setting your bag down and taking a seat in front of Spencer, withdrawing a book from your bag.

"I brought 'The Narrative of John Smith.' as I know it's one of your favourites and you have had an awfully busy week," You began as you pushed off your coat and shook the snowflakes from your hair.

You looked to him, a small smile etched onto his face for a moment but faded soon after, but you didn't question.

"I brought 'To Kill A Mockingbird' for you," He said and began rustling through his bag, which made your smile widen.

The both of you began discussing the books in depth, with of course the involvement of Spencer's facts. You caught Spencer staring now and again as you spoke, he looked so content, as did you when he spoke.

"Actually, To Kill A Mockingbird was significantly autobiographical. The page count is only two hundred and eighty-one so I read through the book quickly. I reread it again afterwards because...well, I thought that it would help me get to know you better, as this is your favourite book. I think it says a lot." Spencer explained, and it was soon followed by a sheepish smile.

You were at a loss for words for a few moments as you parted your lips and looked down at one of Spencer's favourite books that was perched in your hands, your thumbs glided over the cover of the book.

"I read yours. Only once as I read at normal speed," You teased. "But I think it says a lot, too. Gives me more insight on the mysterious Spencer Reid. I loved it. I even bought a copy myself." You said admittedly and looked up at him.