𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

❥𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀~𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉

Chapter Sixteen
The Mysterious Protector

━─━────༺༻────━─━
❝I love this!❞

NEMESIS FELT A LIGHT TAP on his shoulder that made him open his eyes. He turned his head to see who woke him up only for his blood-red eyes to meet with your bright green ones. He sat more properly and looked at you with an emotionless face. 

You felt yourself getting nervous as he stared right at your eyes, it felt like he was looking right at your soul. Nemesis raised an eyebrow when you didn't say anything, "Can I help you?" He asked with a monotonous voice, knocking you out of your dazed state. You blushed in embarrassment before you held the untouched bento to him, "I-I'm sorry, but I noticed you didn't have lunch. S-So I wanted to g-give you this." You stuttered with slightly shiver in your voice.

For a moment, you wished for the ground to open and swallow you whole. You just made a fool of yourself right before a strange boy you haven't seen before.

Nemesis stared at your red face then back to the bento before he took it from your hands, "Thank you." Although his voice has no emotions in it, you felt that he actually meant it and that made your heart flutter with happiness. You smiled as you felt your blush to become more light, "No problem, I'm glad to help. Enjoy the food." You bowed slightly and turned to leave.

However, you felt Nemesis grab your wrist, "You can sit with me." His voice tone made his request sound more like an order. You gasped out of surprise, "O-Oh, I don't really want to bother you!" You exclaimed while waving your free hand in panic. The black haired guy didn't react to your behavior and just kept his blank face.

"I don't mind... just you, though."

He let go of your wrist and moved away to let you sit with him. You were hesitant for a moment and then sat beside him. Both of you started to eat in a very awkward silence and you didn't like this one bit, "Oh god, I'm just embarrassing myself here. What can I do or even say?" You thought, trying to glance at him from time to time.

"Ray."

"Huh?"

"My name is Ray."

Nemesis spoke up first by saying his fake name. He can't just go and tell you that his name is Nemesis just yet, he needs to stay undercover for as long as possible. It was for yours and his sake that his real name remains hidden for now.

A small smile appeared on your lips, "Oh, it's nice to meet you Ray. I'm Y/N." You introduced yourself to him and averted your gaze away from him, feeling your face get warm. After a few minutes, you both finished your lunch. Nemesis gave you the bento back, "Thanks for the food, it's delicious." He said with a single nod.

You beamed happily and took the bento from him, "I'm glad you like it." You replied back.

Oddly enough, Nemesis or better yet Ray has a lot of similarities with Ayato. Both of them had that intimidating aura and careless attitude. For once you thought that they might be related in some way, but Ayato never mentioned anything about someone he knows attending the same school as him. Akademi sure has students with various personalities and looks. Apparently that was the reason why your parents wanted you to apply here aside from it being a very prestigious school.

You both stood up and you were again about to go, but Nemesis stopped you, "Come along." Was the only thing he said before stuffing his hands in his pockets and making his way to the door. You blinked a few times in confusion and walked after him, "Where are we going?" You asked as you caught up to him, walking beside him now.

"The cafeteria."

His replies were pretty short that it made just shut up and not to ask any further. He sure is intimidating and scary. After walking down the stairs, you two reached the indoors cafeteria. There were a few students chatting, Osano and Raibaru were there too. They both stared as you followed the unknown student. Nemesis took you to the vending machine and bought two drinks.

"Here." He said and handed you a can of [Favorite Drink]. You stared at the can for a moment and took it from him, "Thank you, Ray." You said and gave him a sweet smile.

All the time and both Raibaru and Osano were watching the whole scene, "Wh-Who is that with Y/N?" The orange haired male spoke up with fury that his face turned red. Raibaru who was jealous forced a sweet and friendly smile, "I'm sure he is just a friend of hers or someone who just helped her." He was mostly assuring himself more than Osano, his fists were clenched tightly as an irk mark was on his head.

The two of them kept on glaring at the boy you were now talking with and shared the same thought, "He is getting her attention!"