Chapter 21: Coercion

The two kobolds watch the door open, gurrhis appearing on the other side holding a candle. "Ahh you two are still awake, perfect." He glances at Ovi who still sleeps "I wish to have a training session with just the three of us." He motions them to come out, they find there places on the sandy training grounds. Gurrhis uses the candle to light the lanterns "Nille, why don't you grab a steel sword from the rack" Nille walks over and chooses her weapon. Gurrhis standing next to qualm, who is waiting for a command from the Dragonborn, pulls his short sword.
         Still teasing the weapons which to choose, a weapon for a kobold must pertain to there fighting style, if it is to large, the weapon becomes difficult to wield. She might play to her strengths, use a dagger, or maybe a light blade to giver herself more range to her strikes. Nille hears Guurrhis's blade being pulled and turns to look, her eyes widen. The large figure looms over qualm holding his sword to attack, he kicks the kobold down to the ground, and with one swift slash, cuts qualms head clean off. Nille's heart drops, and her vision blurs as blood soaks into the sand pit. "He was weak" Gurrhis cleans the blood off his blade, taking steps toward Nille. "Might of been able to use a blade, but In the end, he would weigh you and Ovi down."
         Nille stands there for a second, frozen first with fear, but before gurrhis can get close, she grabs a weapon off the wall. The kobold couldn't even think straight she removed the heavy blade from the wall and readied it. "I was hoping that would make you get some motivation to train." gurrhis raises his blade, pointing it at nille "now, use that anger, don't fight me to learn, fight me to kill." Maybe Ovi can save him, I can't lose another friend, why would gurrhis do this, what will I tell Ovi. These were thoughts Nille would think if only she were in the right mind, but now she was in a fit of rage.
Slashing up and down at the dragon born not able to land one blow, sloppy footing, and lousy sword work, she only cared for the death of who killed her friend. "No, no,no" gurrhis sighed "your starting to seem like a upset." He blocked her blows, waving them off as if they were nothing. He swings his sword with a powerful attack and sends Nille flying across the sand pit. "Your friends here, head rolling around and this is all you can muster." He scoffs. Suddenly a scream as loud as a banshee come hurtling towards the dragon born. Fire engulfs him and where the spell was cast, Ovi standing in the doorway of the house, tears rippling from her eyes.
The smoke thins out and gurrhis begins to stand back up, the fireball knocking his balance, yet not seeming to stop his onslaught, the sand around him seeming to crystallize from the heat. He then turns to look at the weeping kobold, a frown grown upon his face "well it seems both of you let your emotions take hold, how are you ever going to fight if you don't keep calm." He had his back turned to Nille, who used this opportunity to strike, she jabs at the back of the dragon born who move to the slide slightly, she slips and falls face first into the sand. Ovi, walking towards them now, pulls her knife from her side, and quickens to a run. Nille gets to her feet and quickly follows suit, they begin a barrage of blows against him.
          The blades crash onto the single defending sword, sliding off or being pushed away. Nille, slightly becoming adjusted to her heavy weapon, starts to speed up with her strikes, but can't do it fast enough to not telegraph her attacks to her foe. Guurrhis watching the stances, blades, and eyes of his attackers, Nille's anger boils, is he still inspecting us, trying to teach us while our friend lay on the ground dead. If he thinks he can be our mentor after this he's wrong. The clashing continues, faster stronger, Nille and Ovi, don't give Guurrhis a second to breathe.
         Sweat finally begins to drop from the dragon borns brow. The relentless attacks are becoming to much for him, he may be a master swordsman, but fighting two enemies at once tires him out. He pushes both of them off of him Nille loses her balance, he looks towards Ovi. "You haven't landed even a scratch, what do you think you would be able to do in the real world, your both hopeless." Ovi yells a battle cry and rushes him. He swings for the first time during the battle, right into ovi's side, she falls to the ground, writhing in agony. Once again the dragon born raised his sword and plunges into the body of the kobold,which now lays still with fresh blood leaking into the sand once again.