Chapter 7: Loss

As the soldier started to nod off the group of kobolds circled around the camp. Nille was watching while slowly tip-toeing around. The guards have all fallen asleep, they were in the clear. None of the kobolds dare to make a single sound. They got closer and closer to the cave entrance. Would they run as soon as they got past the camp? Or would they still try for stealth. They needed to tell the village as soon as they could.
As the group came up to the entrance they look back at the encampment twice more, making sure none of the humans watch. They step into the caves entrance. Suddenly a sound of a bell comes from the caves maw. The humans rise almost immediately. Ovi screams "THEY SET AN ALARM SPELL, RUN". The kobolds run farther into the cave without looking back. They hear the soldiers armor and weapons clanking behind them.
The group keeps running in terror until they find that the clanking has Stopped. It never really got louder, for the guards didn't follow them. When Nille looks around she finds only two kobolds next to her. Ovi and Qualm stood there as they too realized this. Nille "where's Tugs?!" "I don't know, do you think they got him?" Qualm said with tears. Nille collapses onto the ground. "No" she starts to sob. "We have to keep going Nille" ovi says while she herself is choking up. Ovi and Tugs were big friends, but she was always very smart and knew what to do. They needed to alert the village.