Chapter 10: plan B

Nille and qualm carry a single armed ovi to a secluded part of the cave and take cover. A explosion coming from the barrels they dropped to next to the soldier that injured ovi. He will surely die from that blast. Immediately the cave where the barrels blew up, collapses and tumbles onto the once soldier. Qualm starts to go into Ovi's bag searching. He pulls out some herbs and forces ovi to eat them.
       Ovi is wailing in pain, Nille pulls bandages out of the bag and starts to wrap up the stump of what's left. "You'll be ok, trust me, your gonna be fine" Qualm trying to reassure ovi while stroking her head. After a couple minutes, ovi stops screaming and calms down. " damn it" she says tears still in her eyes. Qualm looks down at the leaves "how strong is this stuff" "very" ovi remarked while sighing. "Those are the rare ones from the mountain, I don't have much of those." Ovi grunts. "Wait what" Qualm starts outing them back in her bag. "VERY RARE" ovi seems mad now, she sighs. " never mind, thank you Qualm" she sits up and looks at her arm.
Foot steps start to sound throughout the cave. "Just like i thought, they have guards watching the entrance." Nille looking over a boulder the trio hid behind. Inspects the two humans running to the sound of the explosion. They walked past our boulder and we slipped by, ovi started to run but slowed down "wait, they might have another alarm" "it dosnt matter, we need to go" Nille says grabbing ovi's only arm.
                 They get to the maw of the cave, no alarm sounds and they escape into the forest. The trio settles in a clearing and take a minute to breath. "Ok what's the plan?" Qualm says while sitting on the grass, the dew glistening off of it. The sun was rising and the moon receding. " we need to meet up with the rest of the village at the checkpoint, so we should rest for now and move in the night for the cover" the team settles down and camp out to sleep the day away.