Chapter 5:

The portal ended up closing, the hunters were trapped.

Inside the portal the biome was completely different from Korea, they were in a forest full of snow.

"It will be days, weeks, and maybe even months until the portal opens," Kim Chul warned. "Not all of us can survive"

The beginners started to get scared, and the atmosphere worsened when some ice arrows flew towards them, being caught by Rimuru and Sung. But one hit the head of a C rank, and he died without being able to react.

“I-Ice elves!” one of the C-rank hunters yelled.

"Ice elves or better known as Hyakki are very dangerous, don't get distracted" Rimuru warned and handed Song Yi his katana. "Keep alert"

"Yes, master." Song Yi said and she tied the katana to her waist.

“I will introduce myself again, my name is Kim Chul. I'm an A-rank hunter and leader of this raid!” The tank said out loud.

“I'll take the responsibility of guiding you through the dungeon, but that doesn't mean everyone can survive! We will divide into 2 groups!"Kim Chul said

"We'll have a better chance of surviving if we go together," Rimuru said, standing in front of Kim Chul.

"I don't want to carry dead weight, and if we stay here we'll either freeze to death or be ambushed," he replied ignoring Rimuru. "Even if nobody wants to clean the dungeon I'll do it alone, who wants to come with me?"

Most of the hunters wanted to join Kim Chul, but he only accepted the B rank ones since according to him the others were "dead weight".

"Sorry, I'm going to change teams" A rank B hunter decided to go with the group of the "weakest".

“Now there is a vacant spot, who wants to fill it?” Kim Chul asked.

Instantly a C rank joined them and both groups split up. Sung and Rimuru's group headed into the forest.

<Kim Chul wasn't able to notice the arrows.> The B rank hunter thought and approached Rimuru and Sung.

<They're not actually rank E, right?> She thought

"Let me ask you something, why are they so quiet?" Sung asked.

“We received training in keeping calm, especially Kim Chul. He is destined to join the main force"

As they talked, Rimuru looked around, there were many bear marks on the trees and stones.

<This forest is inhabited by ice bears> Rimuru thought and noticed how Song Yi rubbed her hands together coldly.

“Put this on.” He took out the demon lord coat from storage and handed it over to Song Yi. "It will keep you warm"

"Thank you, but aren't you cold?" He put on his coat.

"I'm fine, I can handle this."

Outside the gate:

The White Tiger Guild Master had arrived on the scene, S-Rank Hunter Baek Yoon Ho.

“How many people entered?” the guild master asked.

"12 hunters from our guild, one rank A and 7 rank B are the strongest" Chief Ahn replied.

"If it's a B rank portal maybe some of them will survive, if it's an A rank portal all of them will die"

"Actually sir, there are 3 hunters who are not from our guild"

"That? Because?"

"There is a hunter who caught my attention, so I got him a permit to enter along with 2 others" Chief Ahn confessed.

"What are their ranks? A or B?"

"In fact, they are E rank"

"Then the only one we can trust is Kim Chul"

Inside the portal:

The group continued their way through the forest, getting deeper and deeper into the territory of the ice bears.

"This doesn't seem like a good idea to me, don't you see the marks of the ice bears?!" Asked Park Heejin, the B-rank hunter. "This is their territory."

"It's better to fight some ice bears than Hyakkis, don't you think so?" Rimuru defended Sung's decision.

<I hadn't thought of it that way.> Park Heejin thought and understood Sung Jin Woo's reasoning. "We wouldn't have to worry about stronger monsters"

"Anyway, aren't they cold?" Sung started pulling warm clothes out of his inventory. "Use this"

"Can you use space magic?!" Park Heejin became more and more sure that Sung was not an E rank.

"Master, is Sung Jin-Woo strong?" Song Yi asked walking next to Rimuru.

"He's very strong, and I'm sure he'll be even stronger in the future," Rimuru answered.

“I'd appreciate it if you didn't ask me anything,” Sung said and looked at Song Yi. "I brought you here, so I will protect you"

"It is not necessary, my teacher will do it" He replied smiling. "Certain?"

"Yeah, don't worry, she'll be fine."

Sung and Rimuru looked at each other, neither had bad intentions so they smiled at each other. The good atmosphere was interrupted by the arrival of tree ice bears.

"Stay behind us," Rimuru said and together with Sung, they approached the bears. "What are you doing?"

"I will fight alongside my master," Song Yi answered, taking the katana from his waist.

Rimuru smiled, and Song Yi was gaining confidence.

Sung jumped on the bear and hit it hard on the head, that was enough to kill it. Thanks to his title 'Wolf Hunter' his stats rise when fighting monsters, ice bears were no problem for him.

For his part, Song Yi used a technique taught by Rimuru. She threw two court magic at the monster and finished it off by Park Heejin who threw a fireball.

"Thank you, miss." Song Yi put the katana back in its sheath.

"It was nothing, I just gave him the final blow"

For his part, Rimuru took a katana from [Storage] and used it to cut the remaining bear in half.

<Rimuru is strong, his strength must be S-rank without a doubt> Sung Jin Woo and Park Heejin thought.

"Miss Park Heejin, could you light a fire?" Rimuru asked approaching the bears. "I am going to cut the meat of these bears to eat them"

"I'll help you master" Song Yi approached Rimuru.

"I'll make the campfire" Park Heejin said as she help.

"We'll look for wood." The two C-rank hunters would also help.

"Sung Jin Woo, could you chase away the bears that are near the place?" Rimuru asked, he had a slight suspicion of Sung's powers.

"No problem" Sung thanked internally, as he could obtain shadows and train his soldiers without raising suspicions.

End of Chapter 05