Chapter 20:

In the few minutes that Sung fought, his dexterity, senses, and strength increased, and he evolved with the combat.

"The test ended"

The nearly shattered system creator smirked and pointed at Sung Jin Woo.

"I'll let you choose"

A system notification appeared in front of Sung's eyes.

"The memories saved in your memory will be recovered, do you accept?" [OTHERWISE]

"Yes I accept"

Outside the room:

"This is the boss room," Rimuru said feeling the strong magical energy radiating from the place.

He opened the doors and the first thing they found was a pile of smashed statues all over the room.

"What's this? I don't recall inviting humans"

The creator's voice caught everyone's attention, it gave most of the hunters' chills.

"Did the monster just speak?"

"Do you understand human language?"

Rimuru reacted to the movement of the statue and with his hands blocked a sword attack that was aimed at the rank A hunters.

“Wow, you are interesting. You will be a good offering for the king" Said the creator after seeing how Rimuru stopped him. "I'll take care of you, you play with my creations"

{T/N:It's Fun he called Jin woo a King when he's in front of a God}

The statues that Sung previously destroyed returned to their original form to fight the hunters.

<This will be annoying> Rimuru thought and sighed, he would wait for Sung to come out of his trance. "Okay, I'll play with you for a bit."

"I'm going to take care of the giant" Kanae warned with her katanas ready. "You'll be fine?"

"It's nothing to write home about, I can deal with it" Rimuru replied sure of himself. "You have to be careful with his eyes."

"I will take your advice into account."

As they began their respective fights with the two most powerful enemies, the rest prepared to eliminate the other statues.

"Jin Ho, do you think you can hold out until we take them down?" Song Yi asked the boy who nodded energetically. "Then I'll cut them down while you stop them."

“I'll help you cut them down, that way it'll be faster.” Cha Hae took her sword and positioned herself next to Song Yi.

"In that case, I'll give you upgrades as I cast spells," Park Hee said starting to cast her magic attacks. "You guys watch my back"

“Yes!” The A-rank hunters summoned by Jin Chul surrounded Park Hee to block any enemy interruption.

"Here it comes!"

Jin Ho used his shield to block a statue's sword, in doing so he propelled himself forward and knocked it down.

Song Yi and Cha Hae seized the moment to hack the stone monster to pieces.

"My turn"

A powerful magic attack from Park Hee ended up destroying the enemy.

On the other hand, Kanae used her speed to dodge the weaker statues and get closer to the giant.

She climbed up to the giant statue's neck and made several slashes with her katanas, barely hurting it.

Rimuru noticed that the Japanese woman was in trouble, so she pulled the storm sword out of storage and threw it at her.

"You won't." The creator moved quickly to catch the sword, but Rimuru was quicker, sending him flying with a punch.

Thanks to the sword, it reached Kanae's hands, and it didn't take long to count the monster's neck with several attacks, which were powered by the sword.

"That surprised me" The creator continued to attack Rimuru without stopping. "I wonder what would have happened if you were the selected one?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about." He tore off one of the creator's arms. "And I'm not interested either."

"You won't be so arrogant when the king returns."

The fight in the boss room continued for several minutes, only a few small statues and the creator remained.

Kanae who had already finished her fight tried to attack the creator from behind, a bad idea. Using [Dominant Touch] the creator pulled her into one of his arms that was holding a spear.

"You... idiot." Rimuru spat out a large amount of blood, the spear had pierced his abdomen.

He wouldn't make it in time to save Kanae, so he switched positions with hers. Initially, the spear shouldn't go through him, but he still hasn't recovered from the last rank S portal.

"Rimuru!" Kanae shouted and threw the sword in the Rimuru's direction, Rimuru took it, and cut the spear before moving away from the creator. "Come heal him!"

"I'm... fine." He drank a healing potion and the hole in his abdomen closed. "I freaked out for a second, you shouldn't have done that"

"I was just planning to help and get this over with faster," Kanae defended herself.

"All you did was worry me, you idiot." Rimuru smiled and put the storm sword away in [Storage]. "It seems that everything ended"

The creator crashed into a wall in the room due to a strong blow from Sung Jin Woo, he was already awake.

"What the hell did you do to my body?" Sung asked, taking another hit.

"You... How can you stand in his place and maintain your ego when you have a black heart?!" The creator was surprised. " MONARCH OF THE SHADOWS! DO YOU THINK THE OTHERS WILL STAY STILL?!"

"You said you were against choosing me as a player, what exactly is a player?"

"Hahaha, it's not supposed to turn out like this." The creator activated the rest of the statues in the room. "If you kill me, no one can stop my creations"

"If I kill you first and then your creations?" Sung brought up his daggers.

"If you kill the creator of the system"

“Will I ever be an E-rank Hunter again?” Sung smiled. "But even if the creator of the system is destroyed, the system will not be affected"

"Then I will destroy it!" The creator tried to eliminate the system but could not access it. "That?! Because?! How is it possible?!"

"I've thought about that, too." Sung held the daggers closer to the creator. "I said it would devour the system, it seems that your design had flaws"

The dark-haired man cut the creator into a thousand pieces, ending his life.

"When the pillars of fire are built to hold the heavens, an inevitable death will follow you"

They were the last words of the creator.

With the creator's death, the remaining statues turned to dust.

End of Chapter 20