Chapter 22:

(Rimuru's clothing in this chapter)______________________________________

______________________________________

"Really? That's great news, thank you president"

The golden-eyed boy had a chat with Go Gun Hee on his cell phone, he was giving him the news that his request was accepted.

He ended the call when he heard Kanae's car horn, indicating that she had already arrived.

"Are you going out?" Song Yi asked seeing Rimuru well groomed. "Isn't that Kanae's Koenigsegg?"

"That's right, we'll go to a dealership and she'll help me choose a good car." She put on a little perfume. "How I look?"

"You look great, casual clothes look great on you"

"Thanks, I'll be back in the afternoon and if you're going out, send me a message" He said leaving the house. "I left you cookies and chocolate in the kitchen!"

He walked to the vehicle, opened the door and took a seat next to Kanae. She took a few seconds to look at him, she was wearing long, tight black pants, a dark purple shirt that she matches with her pink jacket, and black boots.

"You look like his real father." Kanae gave him a smile. "Hello"

"Good morning, did you wait long?"

"A little, I hate being made to wait but I'll let you pass" she began to drive. "I don't know much about Korea, so we'll go to a super sports car dealership I found on the internet"

"My knowledge about vehicles is minimal, so don't worry, the only thing that matters to me is the design"

"That's not the only important thing, that's why I'll recommend which one to buy"

During the journey they chatted about trivial things, some facts from the past and the occasional comment on the other but nothing related to work, they were on their day off after all.

They entered the "uptown" of Seoul so to speak, it was the place where people with a lot of money lived and met.

"I'll park here and we'll walk a couple of blocks," Kanae warned, turning off her car.

"The air feels different" Rimuru thought as he got out of the vehicle.

It didn't take long for them to draw the attention of the people around them. Some came to ask for photos and autographs, while others looked at them strangely because of their clothing. No one would dare to say that they looked bad, in fact they were amazed at how good they looked in casual clothes, but it was not customary for that style of clothing to be worn in that area.

"So Song Yi's parents want her to come home now that she's an S-rank Hunter after how badly they treated and rejected her?" Kanae had really gotten upset. "There are people who have no shame, they do not deserve to be parents"

"I think the same, that's why she prefers to stay with me and I take care of her and pamper her. Although she may not seem like it, she is only 17 years old and she needs to be guided in a good way"

"I wish you had been there when I was a child"  Kanae said remembering how bad she had it as a child. "It's here, let's go in"

Rimuru noticed the sad tone with which she said the above, he should ask Ciel to show him Kanae's past. Although that would be difficult since the manas hadn't spoken to him or responded since he accepted the date with the black-haired woman.

Upon entering they were received by an employee dressed in a suit and tie, who guided them around the place showing them the vehicles and telling them their characteristics.

Rimuru translated to Kanae what the boy told her, she still hadn't learned the Korean language.

"They are all very updated and with similar characteristics, the only thing I see wrong is that there is no Hennessey Venom F5 V8" Kanae muttered looking at the latest cars in the store. "You can choose the one you want, anyone will be a good choice"

"In that case I'll choose that one." Rimuru pointed to one of the cars.

"Lotus Evija, made in the UK, there are only 130 of them in the world." The clerk smiled. "You have good taste, sir."

They were guided to one of the local offices to proceed with the payment. Once everything went smoothly, they received an invitation to the auction that would take place that same night.

"At the auction will be the Hennessey Venom F5 V8 that the lady is interested in" Said the employee to bow and leave.

"Do you want us to attend the auction?" Rimuru asked seeing the emotion on Kanae's face.

"Yes, I definitely want to go," she answered without hesitation.

"Alright, let's go visit other places while we wait for the night to come." He opened the door of his new car for Kanae to get in. "Go ahead, Miss Tawata."

"Thank you very much, Mr. Tempest."

They both laughed and Rimuru got up to drive his new acquisition, a day full of fun awaited them.

End of Chapter 22

***

Rimuru's Car:

Kanae's Car: