Chapter 13:

Association Training Facility :

"How do you want to start?" Kanae asked stretching her body.

"It won't be anything too complicated." Rimuru finished stretching. "The training consists of you catching me"

"Will that really make me stronger?" Kanae took off her jacket and was left with a white training shirt.

“You will believe me. Since your strength is based on speed, it will be very good for you" Assured by Rimuru. "Let's begin"

Kanae knew Rimuru was very fast and she wasn't going to underestimate him, so she used all her speed from the start.

For a whole 2 hours Kanae tried to catch Rimuru, but every time she was going to do it he appeared on another side of the room. It was as if he was teleporting.

"Damn," Kanae sat on the ground trying to catch her breath. "I can't believe I can't even follow your movements."

"Don't get frustrated, I'm sure you'll be able to do it soon." He took his katana and slashed at his shadow and Kanae's.

"Why was that?" The girl asked not understanding Rimuru's action.

"I felt something in the shadows" He answered putting away the katana. "We'll take a break and then we'll continue."

"Okay, what's next?"

"I am going to attack you and you will try to block me, that will help improve your reflexes"

The training continued until sunset, they performed various methods to improve Kanae's speed in all aspects.

The Japanese needed two days of Rimuru's training to gain a skill; [Like light]. It consisted of increasing Kanae's speed by 100% for a limited period of time.

"The more I increase my speed, the longer the effect of this skill will last, right?" Kanae ran back and forth trying to catch up with Rimuru.

"Exactly, and apparently Your limit right now is five minutes." He said as he noticed Kanae slowing down.

"It seems so, still, by using the skill I managed to follow your movements but not reach you" she stopped the chase and looked at Rimuru. "How fast and strong are you?"

"I can't say exactly but I'm pretty strong." He smiled and handed the katanas to Kanae. "Let's rest until you can use your ability again, you will try to block my attacks while it is active"

The difference was very noticeable, now Kanae was not only able to follow Rimuru's attacks, but she was also able to block some of them. She was definitely improving.

The remaining days were more intense and with more variety of exercises, Rimuru wanted to increase Kanae's strength as much as possible before the Jeju Island raid began.

"You did it," Rimuru said, his arms being held by Kanae's hands. "With this, we end our week of training"

"It had never cost me so much to achieve something," Kanae said letting go of Rimuru. "I will fulfill what was agreed, after tomorrow's incursion I will be part of your guild"

"I'm glad to hear that, I still don't have a name in mind for the guild and the office isn't ready." He extended his hand. "But I welcome you"

Kanae Tawata shook hands with Rimuru, she was the first member recruited.

Raid day:

The next day everything was ready to recover Jeju Island.

The hunters from Japan would go in a different helicopter than the Koreans who, with the exception of Rimuru, Go, Gun Hee, and Sung Jin Woo, all S ranks would participate.

"Do you think we're really ready?" Song Yi asked before boarding the helicopter.

"I'm sure, this is an important test for you" Rimuru answered with confidence looking at his 3 apprentices. 'You guys shouldn't feel nervous, you just have to be attentive and not trust yourself"

"I will be vigilant at all times and I will make sure to resist all the damage with my shield" Jin Ho assured.

"I'm going to demonstrate the results of my training," Park Hee Jin said.

"I promise we will come back victorious." Song Yi got down from the helicopter and hugged Rimuru. "I'll make you proud of me"

Song Yi got into the helicopter again and they started to walk away, two important events were about to happen, something that would change Korea completely.

End of Chapter 13