C H A P T E R 15

ELIJAH
•••••••••••

It's been a week since the attack on Angela. A week since I've figured out what really happened that day. A whole week since I've properly talked to her.

I've been extremely busy this past few days, trying to come up with plans on stopping all these stupid attacks. And during this time, I've been in and out of the mansion and interrogating my men. I didn't have much time to talk to Angela but that's mostly my fault.

When she woke up the next day, she was a bit withdrawn and would sometimes zone out. When I had asked her what was wrong, she just got of the bed and left the room. I thought that maybe I had upset her somehow but Nicole later reassured me that she wasn't angry with me - she was angry with herself.

She was being hard on herself after what had happened in the garden. She thought that she could've done more to stop the person who attacked her. And no matter how much Nicole tried to reassure her, she didn't relent.

While I was busy finding out what happened that night and trying to come up with plans, Angela was in the training rooms, sparing with Nicole and staying there until midnight. I didn't have much time to go check up on her but I did sent Gio down to take her food and water throughout the day.

She only slept on my bed for that night and then decided to take one of the guest bedrooms near Nicole's. Even though I insisted she stay in my room, I didn't want to push her into doing something I know will eventually happened.

We just have to admit it to ourselves before taking any further steps.

I sigh heavily and lean back in my chair, running a hand through my hair before glancing towards the clock in the meeting room. My brows pull together when I see that it's almost nearing two in the morning.

I cast a look around the room, some of the men are barely keeping their eyes open while some are busy talking and most likely trying to figure out better strategies. I look to my right and find Dante sleeping on a very uncomfortable chair, drooling on his hand that's supporting his head.

I didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

I massaged my temples and closed my eyes before dismissing everyone. I've kept them here long enough and would need them fully energized when we run through our plans tomorrow.

While everyone is leaving, I catch sight of Lorenzo. The night of the incident that occured in the garden, I had gone and talked to Lorenzo about his whereabouts that night. We talked and he revealed something to me that might just help me figure out how to put an end to all of this. And hopefully everything will go according to plan.

As if feeling me watching him, he glances up and looks at me. He then gives me a curt nod in which I return before leaving the room completely.

I then got up and walked towards Dante. I shook his shoulder to wake him up but he only grunted and pushed my hand away.

I rolled my eyes and shook his shoulder again. "Wake up and go to your room or I'll push you off this chair and leave you here."

He frowned in his sleep and muttered, "Nicole, that's not very nice. You know how much I like sleeping next to you, baby."

I grunted and decided that I was too tired to deal with this. I placed my hands on his shoulders and shoved him off the chair which caused him to land on the ground with a thud.