16. When flirting made him lose control

That morning you went downstairs trying to hide from him but you ended up seeing him smirking at you from the breakfast table. You were flustered enough not to move from your place. Your mind went back to the kiss that was still lingering in your heart. Unconsciously you looked down and your fingers brushed your lips and a smile crept on your face. Immediately you heard loud coughing sounds. You quickly checked for the source, only to see Jungkook choking on his banana milk.

Mom: What happened? Are you alright?

Jungkook: (still coughing) I am... (cough) alright, aunty (cough)

Then you went down and again unconsciously sat down next to him. You were just looking at him, mesmerized by the effect he had on you. It was almost like you were not in control of your own behavior. Your hand held his free hand which was resting on the table. Your eyes not leaving his even for a second. You spoke to him very softly.

You: Are you okay, Jungkook?

Jungkook's ears turned bright red. He knew that you were not fully aware of your surroundings, because you had completely ignored your mom and Taehyung who were already giving you questionable looks. He also figured out that you were probably dazed by the kiss since it was your first time. But he wanted to play cool and avoid unnecessary embarrassment for you and him in front of your family.

Jungkook: Yes y/n. You don't have to practice acting like my girlfriend in front of your family. They know about us very well. So, you can leave my hand now.

You snapped out of your trance almost immediately and pulled away your hand in a flash. Now, you realized the expressions on the faces of your brother and your mom.

Taehyung: I hope it is just for the PC, y/n. You can practice, but don't go overboard with it.

Jungkook: You know your sister hyung. She wants to be the best at what she does.

Taehyung: I know, but she doesn't need to do it in front of us atleast.

Mom: It is alright Taehyung-ah. I don't mind her dating Jungkook for real as well. So stay calm boy. I am the mother here, not you.

You got enough time for yourself to regain your composure.

You: Oppa, practice is very important in our case, since I can't stand your best friend here. And don't give me looks again about what I am doing with him-

Taehyung: As long as it stays far away from being physical.

Mom: Tae, what is your problem?? Why do you look so upset about them dating? He is your best friend, so you should be happy.

Jungkook in his mind: That is exactly what I want to know. Why is he so bothered about us dating? Does he know about the real me? There is no way for anyone to know about me other than me telling them. I am pretty sure he has not even seen me in action till date. So why is he so adamant?

You could see fire in Jungkook's eyes at this point. He was looking straight at Taehyung with unfiltered anger. You decided to calm him down by holding his hands below the table, since you were right next to him and no one would notice you doing that. You don't know if it would work or not, but there is no harm in trying. You needed to calm him some way so that things would not go out of control. You were worried for your brother, since he is dealing with a mafia boss right now, who he claims to be his best friend. 

The moment your hands touched Jungkook's, he flinched a bit and checked his hands to make sure it was you only who was touching him. He looked at you with the same expression. You got scared and were about to move your hand away when he held yours and gave you an eye smile. You saw that the fire in his eyes ceased and he looked calmer now.