20. When it is brother v/s his best friend

For a second Taehyung widened his eyes. Then he smiled.

Taehyung: Oh, Jungkook come on. I know your taste in girls. You would never like my ugly sister. Quit joking. You have always told me about keeping your heart only for a certain girl, so stop making a fool of my already foolish sister.

He then turned to you, made an annoyed face and spoke.

Taehyung: Come on y/n, we need to leave. It is late. I don't want to trouble Jungkook with dropping you off home. I am here now, so we can walk back home together.

You and Jungkook exchanged looks.

Jungkook: I love your sister, who is not ugly in the tiniest way for my eyes.

Again, Taehyung looked at Jungkook with his eyes locked with his. He frowned his eyebrows and spoke to you again ignoring Jungkook's words.

Taehyung: I said hurry up y/n. DON'T YOU HEAR ME??

You were startled by his sudden loud voice. It was as though he was trying to escape from a storm, he feared to begin in front of him. You had a brief idea about it but didn't know that he would be that serious about it. You tried to pull your hand off Jungkook's grip, but he didn't let go of his grip on your hand. He still held you tight yet in a way that won't hurt you. You looked at him with confusion written all over your face. He looked at Taehyung as someone who was trying to take away something that he wanted. Something that he had wanted for quite some time now. His face had those sad yet angry expressions which were not difficult to ignore. Irene stood there watching all of this silently as though taking in every word that came out from your mouth into her heart.

Jungkook: I am not joking HYUNG. I love her and she will be here for some more time. I want to talk to het a bit more and I will drop her home later or tomorrow. You don't need to worry about her as long as I am here. You are welcome to be my guest here if you wish to sleepover, but if you are here just to take y/n back, then I am afraid you have to return alone.

Taehyung: What is up with you, Jungkook?? You have always hated girls, right? Are you trying to take some kind of revenge on y/n?

Jungkook: What do you think she has ever done to me for me to do that? I don't have any grudge against her, hyung. She is an angel for me in human disguise.

Taehyung turned his face away in disbelief and continued to speak.

Taehyung: huh... or are you trying to take out your frustration of any sort on my sister? Don't you even think of doing any of that.

Jungkook: I won't. I really care for her. And you don't think that I would do something that low to her.

Taehyung: Why would you think I would believe you when I clearly know how you feel towards girls? I know you can do everything to them, other than loving and caring.

Jungkook: You remember the girl I used to speak to you about? That I would always have a special place for her in my heart.

Taehyung: She was an exception, Jungkook. She was the only one you spoke well about. You don't even know who or where she is-

Jungkook: She is right here. She is none other than y/n, your sister, y/n.

Taehyung: Wha-

Jungkook: Yes hyung, that girl is none other than y/n, hyung. She is the one, I had been talking about from so many years and you see, destiny has finally let me try my luck by bringing her right in front of me, as my very own best friend's sister.

Taehyung: But you had told me that you are afraid that she won't recognize you.

Jungkook: I was, but luckily, she does. She remembers me as much as I do. She knows that I am the guy she saved that day. For her, it was a normal day where she acted like a good Samaritan, but for me, she made it a very special day when I found my angel in human form.